Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Need explanation of this error

Need explanation of this error

prerit86@gmail.com

Hi,

I'm new to Python and trying to run a already written code. Can someone please explain the error below? And if possible, how do I resolve this?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\Project_1\regression_1.py", line 7, in <module>
from sklearn import metrics, cross_validation, linear_model
File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sklearn\metrics\__init__.py", line 31, in
<module>
from . import cluster
File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sklearn\metrics\cluster\__init__.py", line
8, in <module>
from .supervised import adjusted_mutual_info_score
File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sklearn\metrics\cluster\supervised.py", li
ne 19, in <module>
from .expected_mutual_info_fast import expected_mutual_information
File "expected_mutual_info_fast.pyx", line 10, in init sklearn.metrics.cluster
..expected_mutual_info_fast (sklearn\metrics\cluster\expected_mutual_info_fast .c:
4886)
File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\scipy\special\__init__.py", line 529, in <
module>
from ._ufuncs import *

Robert Kern

On 2013-07-01 10:13, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Python and trying to run a already written code. Can someone please explain the error below? And if possible, how do I resolve this?
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "c:\Project_1\regression_1.py", line 7, in <module>
> from sklearn import metrics, cross_validation, linear_model
> File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sklearn\metrics\__init__.py", line 31, in
> <module>
> from . import cluster
> File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sklearn\metrics\cluster\__init__.py", line
> 8, in <module>
> from .supervised import adjusted_mutual_info_score
> File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sklearn\metrics\cluster\supervised.py", li
> ne 19, in <module>
> from .expected_mutual_info_fast import expected_mutual_information
> File "expected_mutual_info_fast.pyx", line 10, in init sklearn.metrics.cluster
> .expected_mutual_info_fast (sklearn\metrics\cluster\expected_mutual_info_fast .c:
> 4886)
> File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\scipy\special\__init__.py", line 529, in <
> module>
> from ._ufuncs import *
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

This particular module incorporates FORTRAN subroutines. My guess is that
whoever compiled your scipy binary did it in such a way that the FORTRAN
standard library was being linked in as a DLL instead of statically. This DLL is
not present on your system. Windows is trying to find it, but failing.

How did you install scipy? If you used a prebuilt binary installer, can you
please link to the exact one that you used?

Try using depends.exe to find out what DLL it is looking for.

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

The file that you want to check in depends.exe:

c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\scipy\special\_ufuncs.pyd

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco

Denis McMahon

On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 02:13:50 -0700, prerit86 wrote:

> I'm new to Python and trying to run a already written code. Can someone
> please explain the error below? And if possible, how do I resolve this?

> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

You're missing the dll that provides some function that you're trying to
use.

--
Denis McMahon, (E-Mail Removed)

prerit86@gmail.com

Thanks!

Solved. I found the package that would resolve this dependency. It was numpy-MKL.

Downloaded from http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#pandas

Who can explain this bug? mathog C Programming 57 06-11-2013 10:09 PM
need help on this. wee Java 11 05-10-2013 10:52 AM
Why does this incorrect CRTP static_cast compile? kfrank29.c@gmail.com C++ 2 04-25-2013 01:38 PM
This looks like a Perl bug George Mpouras Perl Misc 18 04-21-2013 11:56 PM
Really throwing this out there - does anyone have a copy of my oldDancer web browser? steven.miale@gmail.com Python 1 04-10-2013 03:32 PM

Advertisments