Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > LDR

Tony Cooper

Restrain yourselves, you HDR people. I don't want high definition
here. Hold yourselves back, you anti-noise people. The noise is fine
with me.

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/...-16-14C-X2.jpg
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

David Hare-Scott

Tony Cooper wrote:
> Restrain yourselves, you HDR people. I don't want high definition
> here. Hold yourselves back, you anti-noise people. The noise is fine
> with me.
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/...-16-14C-X2.jpg

I don't mind the grainyness in this case but why is it there?

David

Pablo

Tony Cooper wrote:

> Restrain yourselves, you HDR people. I don't want high definition
> here. Hold yourselves back, you anti-noise people. The noise is fine
> with me.
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/...-16-14C-X2.jpg

Like.

--

Pablo

http://www.ipernity.com/home/313627
http://paulc.es/

Whisky-dave

On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:25:54 AM UTC+1, Tony Cooper wrote:
> Restrain yourselves, you HDR people.

So why's the subject line LDR ...
I was hoping they'd discovered a new Light dependant Resistor I could buy.

David Taylor

On 26/06/2013 05:25, Tony Cooper wrote:
> Restrain yourselves, you HDR people. I don't want high definition
> here. Hold yourselves back, you anti-noise people. The noise is fine
> with me.
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/...-16-14C-X2.jpg

A shot full of character! Excellent!
--
Cheers,
David

peternew

On 6/26/2013 12:57 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2013-06-25 21:25:54 -0700, Tony Cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> Restrain yourselves, you HDR people. I don't want high definition
>> here. Hold yourselves back, you anti-noise people. The noise is fine
>> with me.
>>
>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/...-16-14C-X2.jpg
>>

> What
>>

> are you talking about? That is just fine.
> Nice work!
>
> ...though I might have gone about things slightly differently, but that
> is just me.

It is a well composed image. The grain adds to his image. I do find my
eye drawnto the window, which is too bright for my taste.

--
PeterN

Tony Cooper

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 02:49:42 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:25:54 AM UTC+1, Tony Cooper wrote:
>> Restrain yourselves, you HDR people.

>So why's the subject line LDR ...
>I was hoping they'd discovered a new Light dependant Resistor I could buy.

LDR = Low Dynamic Range
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Tony Cooper

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:57:13 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2013-06-25 21:25:54 -0700, Tony Cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> Restrain yourselves, you HDR people. I don't want high definition
>> here. Hold yourselves back, you anti-noise people. The noise is fine
>> with me.
>>
>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/...-16-14C-X2.jpg

>What
>>

>are you talking about? That is just fine.
>Nice work!
>
>...though I might have gone about things slightly differently, but that
>is just me.

You would *always* go about things a bit differently! But, that's
what makes photography interesting; no two people see the same scene
as something to be treated the same. How dull art - in any medium -
would be if we all came up with the same version.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Tony Cooper

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 08:47:51 -0400, peternew <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 6/26/2013 12:57 AM, Savageduck wrote:
>> On 2013-06-25 21:25:54 -0700, Tony Cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>>
>>> Restrain yourselves, you HDR people. I don't want high definition
>>> here. Hold yourselves back, you anti-noise people. The noise is fine
>>> with me.
>>>
>>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/...-16-14C-X2.jpg
>>>

>> What
>>>

>> are you talking about? That is just fine.
>> Nice work!
>>
>> ...though I might have gone about things slightly differently, but that
>> is just me.
>>

>It is a well composed image. The grain adds to his image. I do find my
>eye drawnto the window, which is too bright for my taste.

The window is not really too bright. You see it as bright because
everything else in the image is in the dark. If the rest of the scene
is brightened up, the window light looks quite normal. But, then,
that's the way I processed it to look.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Tony Cooper

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 18:01:20 +1000, "David Hare-Scott"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Tony Cooper wrote:
>> Restrain yourselves, you HDR people. I don't want high definition
>> here. Hold yourselves back, you anti-noise people. The noise is fine
>> with me.
>>
>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/...-16-14C-X2.jpg

>I don't mind the grainyness in this case but why is it there?

Because I put it there. For effect.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL