Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > interactive selection of text lines

interactive selection of text lines

Ulli Horlacher

I want to (de-)select interactivly text lines with cursor keys and space
bar.
Something like Tk::Checkbutton, but for a terminal and not GUI.

The text must be scrollable, because I have more text lines than they
would fit on the terminal.
Example: select files from a directory listing.

Is there a module for this kind of task?

--
Ullrich Horlacher Informationssysteme und Serverbetrieb
Rechenzentrum IZUS/TIK E-Mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-stuttgart.de

Josef Moellers

On 06/24/2013 09:54 AM, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> I want to (de-)select interactivly text lines with cursor keys and space
> bar.
> Something like Tk::Checkbutton, but for a terminal and not GUI.
>
> The text must be scrollable, because I have more text lines than they
> would fit on the terminal.
> Example: select files from a directory listing.
>
> Is there a module for this kind of task?

I haven't used them but search cpan for "curses".

gamo@telecable.es

If you are lucky and uses Linux, the dialog (1) could do menus
type radiolist for you. You only have to read stderr, because
stdout is used to sohow the menus.

Best regards,