Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Flavor of the mermaid parade

Flavor of the mermaid parade

peternew

these images are some random shots: Except for cropping, minor shadow &
contrast adjustments, they are straight out of the camera.
they have not yet been named:

<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5115_4839.jpg>

<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5121_4844.jpg>

One for the Duck:
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5157_4880.jpg>

Tony Cooper might have taken these:
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5198_4921.jpg>

<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5278_5001.jpg>

--
PeterN

Tony Cooper

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 12:39:27 -0400, peternew <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>these images are some random shots: Except for cropping, minor shadow &
>contrast adjustments, they are straight out of the camera.
>they have not yet been named:
>
><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5115_4839.jpg>
>
><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5121_4844.jpg>
>
>One for the Duck:
><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5157_4880.jpg>
>
>Tony Cooper might have taken these:
><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5198_4921.jpg>
>
><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5278_5001.jpg>

An event like that is like an Open House in a candy store for me.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

David Hare-Scott

peternew wrote:
> these images are some random shots: Except for cropping, minor
> shadow & contrast adjustments, they are straight out of the camera.
> they have not yet been named:
>
> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5115_4839.jpg>

If you didn't photshop her teeth then how does the subject of DSC5115_4839
manage to survive in the sunlight?

peternew

On 6/24/2013 9:27 AM, George Kerby wrote:

> On 6/23/13 6:59 PM, in article kq824u$pva$(E-Mail Removed), "David
> Hare-Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> peternew wrote:
>>> these images are some random shots: Except for cropping, minor
>>> shadow & contrast adjustments, they are straight out of the camera.
>>> they have not yet been named:
>>>
>>> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5115_4839.jpg>
>>>

>> If you didn't photshop her teeth then how does the subject of DSC5115_4839
>> manage to survive in the sunlight?

> She can have her way with ME...

She was under an umbrella

--
PeterN

Wolfgang Weisselberg

David Hare-Scott <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> peternew wrote:
>> these images are some random shots: Except for cropping, minor
>> shadow & contrast adjustments, they are straight out of the camera.
>> they have not yet been named:

>> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5115_4839.jpg>

> If you didn't photshop her teeth then how does the subject of DSC5115_4839
> manage to survive in the sunlight?

By far not all tales agree that sunlight harms vampires.
They're just more nocturnal than humans.

-Wolfgang

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Wolfgang Weisselberg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> David Hare-Scott <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > peternew wrote:
> >> these images are some random shots: Except for cropping, minor
> >> shadow & contrast adjustments, they are straight out of the camera.
> >> they have not yet been named:

> >> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5115_4839.jpg>

> > If you didn't photshop her teeth then how does the subject of DSC5115_4839
> > manage to survive in the sunlight?

> By far not all tales agree that sunlight harms vampires.
> They're just more nocturnal than humans.

The folkloric vampire had no expressed weakness towards sunlight, as you
say. Sunlight as a weakness was established with the fictional vampire
in the 19th century where Bram Stokers Count Dracula had both fangs and
an aversion to sunlight. Depictions of this in Nosferatu, however, put
the fangs on the upper middle teeth, much like that of a rodent, while
more modern culture (popularized and described by Ann Rice) puts the
fangs on the third or sometimes second teeth pair, more resembling the
canine or feline fangs (which, incidentally, is commonly the fourth
teeth pair, but canine/feline have smaller front teeth as well).

Vampires is of great interest to me

(dentistry is not, and my English orthodontic vocabulary is rather
limited

--
Sandman[.net]

J. Clarke

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Wolfgang Weisselberg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > David Hare-Scott <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > If you didn't photshop her teeth then how does the subject of DSC5115_4839
> > > manage to survive in the sunlight?

> > By far not all tales agree that sunlight harms vampires.
> > They're just more nocturnal than humans.

> The folkloric vampire had no expressed weakness towards sunlight, as you
> say. Sunlight as a weakness was established with the fictional vampire
> in the 19th century where Bram Stokers Count Dracula had both fangs and
> an aversion to sunlight. Depictions of this in Nosferatu, however, put
> the fangs on the upper middle teeth, much like that of a rodent, while
> more modern culture (popularized and described by Ann Rice) puts the
> fangs on the third or sometimes second teeth pair, more resembling the
> canine or feline fangs (which, incidentally, is commonly the fourth
> teeth pair, but canine/feline have smaller front teeth as well).
>
> Vampires is of great interest to me
>
> (dentistry is not, and my English orthodontic vocabulary is rather
> limited

Then there's Twilight, where vampires aren't harmed by daylight, it just
makes them sparkle.

Although I do like the Buffyverse vampires--Spike driving around in a
car with blacked-out windows peering through a little slit to see the
road for example.

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"J. Clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > By far not all tales agree that sunlight harms vampires.
> > > They're just more nocturnal than humans.

> > The folkloric vampire had no expressed weakness towards sunlight, as you
> > say. Sunlight as a weakness was established with the fictional vampire
> > in the 19th century where Bram Stokers Count Dracula had both fangs and
> > an aversion to sunlight. Depictions of this in Nosferatu, however, put
> > the fangs on the upper middle teeth, much like that of a rodent, while
> > more modern culture (popularized and described by Ann Rice) puts the
> > fangs on the third or sometimes second teeth pair, more resembling the
> > canine or feline fangs (which, incidentally, is commonly the fourth
> > teeth pair, but canine/feline have smaller front teeth as well).
> >
> > Vampires is of great interest to me
> >
> > (dentistry is not, and my English orthodontic vocabulary is rather
> > limited

> Then there's Twilight, where vampires aren't harmed by daylight, it just
> makes them sparkle.

Indeed. I am a bit torn on that subject. On one hand, I respect artistic
freedom and reject the "one way is the right way" of thinking, but on
the other hand I think that one need to respect some basic rules when
using a specific term. I.e. I would feel the same if an author said that
someone was a were-wolf and manifested that by turning into a kitten
every thursday

Plus, both the books and the movies are really bad, so my level of
acceptance towards their digressions is low to begin with.

--
Sandman[.net]