Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Car meetup

Car meetup

Robert Coe

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 06:22:39 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:10:34 AM UTC-4, Sandman wrote:
: > A spontaneous car meetup here at Hälla, Västerås. Better weather this
: >
: > time. Here's some pictures
: >
: >
: >
: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199987.jpg>
: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199988.jpg>
: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199991.jpg>
: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199993.jpg>
: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199994.jpg>
: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199995.jpg>
: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199996.jpg>
: >
: > Afterwards, me and my friend went to a parking lot and burned some...
: > gravel. Great fun and some pics of that as well
: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199989.jpg>
: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199990.jpg>
: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199992.jpg>
: > --
: >
: > Sandman[.net]
: >
: >
: >
: > http://jonaseklundh.se/pages/Biltraff1?lang=en
:
: Hopefully, they weren't using the nice old Firebird to sandblast itself in that gravel.

Are we looking at the same set of pictures? The car kicking up the gravel is a
Beemer.

Bob

Robert Coe

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 17:16:46 +0200, Sandman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
: Tony Cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: > On 23 Jun 2013 08:10:34 GMT, Sandman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >
: > >A spontaneous car meetup here at Hälla, Västerås. Better weather this
: > >time. Here's some pictures
: > >
: > ><http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199987.jpg>
: > >
: > ><http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199988.jpg>
: > >
: > ><http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199991.jpg>
: > >
: > ><http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199993.jpg>
: > >
: > ><http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199994.jpg>
: > >
: > ><http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199995.jpg>
: > >
: > ><http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199996.jpg>
: > >
: > >Afterwards, me and my friend went to a parking lot and burned some...
: > >gravel. Great fun and some pics of that as well
: > >
: > ><http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199989.jpg>
: >
: > I'm not crazy about the processing in the top group, but this is a
: > good image.
: >
: >
: > ><http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199990.jpg>
: > >
: > ><http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199992.jpg>
: > >
: >
: > Just a suggestion...next time put all the images in a Dropbox (or
: > similar) gallery and give us one link.
:
: You should have tried the link at the bottom:
:
: http://jonaseklundh.se/pages/Biltraff1?lang=en

Well, yeah, but how were we supposed to know?

Bob

Tony Cooper

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 15:26:17 -0400, Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 06:22:39 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>: On Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:10:34 AM UTC-4, Sandman wrote:
>: > A spontaneous car meetup here at Hälla, Västerås. Better weather this
>: >
>: > time. Here's some pictures
>: >
>: >
>: >
>: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199987.jpg>
>: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199988.jpg>
>: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199991.jpg>
>: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199993.jpg>
>: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199994.jpg>
>: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199995.jpg>
>: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199996.jpg>
>: >
>: > Afterwards, me and my friend went to a parking lot and burned some...
>: > gravel. Great fun and some pics of that as well
>: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199989.jpg>
>: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199990.jpg>
>: > <http://jonaseklundh.se/aimg199992.jpg>
>: > --
>: >
>: > Sandman[.net]
>: >
>: >
>: >
>: > http://jonaseklundh.se/pages/Biltraff1?lang=en
>:
>: Hopefully, they weren't using the nice old Firebird to sandblast itself in that gravel.
>
>Are we looking at the same set of pictures? The car kicking up the gravel is a
>Beemer.

The Firebird's in another image, and the comment seems to saying that
it's OK to kick up gravel in a BMW, but don't do it with the Firebird.
The poster wouldn't want the Firebird subjected to that. He values
the Firebird more than he values the BMW. Firebirds have a special
place in the hearts of some car aficionados.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> : You should have tried the link at the bottom:
> :
> : http://jonaseklundh.se/pages/Biltraff1?lang=en
>
> Well, yeah, but how were we supposed to know?

Well, yeah, but how was *I* supposed to know you guys wanted that one
instead?

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Tony Cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >: > http://jonaseklundh.se/pages/Biltraff1?lang=en
> >:
> >: Hopefully, they weren't using the nice old Firebird to sandblast itself in
> >that gravel.
> >
> >Are we looking at the same set of pictures? The car kicking up the gravel is
> >Beemer.
> >

> The Firebird's in another image, and the comment seems to saying that
> it's OK to kick up gravel in a BMW, but don't do it with the Firebird.
> The poster wouldn't want the Firebird subjected to that. He values
> the Firebird more than he values the BMW. Firebirds have a special
> place in the hearts of some car aficionados.

True. The firebird isn't mine though. The Dodge is mine. And I wouldn't
put that on the gravel either

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Tony Cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >HOw do yu do it with Dropbox? Is it a linke to a folder?

> Yes. You create a folder, either upload the images to the folder or
> move the images to the folder, right click on the folder name, click
> "share link", and the link is copied to the clipboard.
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nuf6p5l273opcf2/96BqGSmxYI
>
> The downside is that what appears when you click the link are large
> thumbnails. Clicking on one enlarges it to full size, and then you
> can arrow to the rest. Some people don't click on any image and think
> the thumbnail is the whole image and you've framed it badly.
>
> I like Sandman's layout because it doesn't go to thumbnails.

My CMS can do thumbnails too, though, if I so choose:

http://sandman.net/pages/webblog/2006-11-26/Modellbygge

Me writing (again, in swedish) about all the model kits I've kep tsince
I was younger. I still have them!

Plus, on the front page:

http://sandman.net

There are thumbnails from all my entires in the "portfolio", as well as
on the front page of my photo site:

http://jonaseklundh.se

--
Sandman[.net]

CAR INSURANCE FOR YOUR CAR Ahmed Digital Photography 3 10-31-2007 10:50 AM
NEW INVENTED CAR INSURANCE FOR YOUR CAR johnbadawi79@gmail.com Java 0 10-31-2007 02:29 AM
CAR INSURANCE FOR YOUR CAR Ahmed C++ 0 10-31-2007 02:25 AM
CAR INSURANCE FOR YOUR CAR Ahmed C Programming 0 10-31-2007 02:24 AM

Advertisments