Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Super moontonight

Super moontonight

peternew

Not much time left. Once a yer we have a large full moon, where because
of its close proximity to earth, the Moonapears about 15% larger than
other times.

<http://www.space.com/15474-supermoon-full-moon-2012.html>

--
PeterN

RichA

On Saturday, June 22, 2013 8:57:06 PM UTC-4, peterN wrote:
> Not much time left. Once a yer we have a large full moon, where because
>
> of its close proximity to earth, the Moonapears about 15% larger than
>
> other times.
>

> <http://www.space.com/15474-supermoon-full-moon-2012.html>
>

> --
>
> PeterN

Media myth. It's 14% large than it's smallest when furthest away from Earth. About 7% larger than average which isn't much.

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/obser...212330751.html

gregz

peternew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Not much time left. Once a yer we have a large full moon, where because
> of its close proximity to earth, the Moonapears about 15% larger than other times.
>

> <http://www.space.com/15474-supermoon-full-moon-2012.html>

It was probably about the same last night when I had a clear sky.

Greg

Paul in Houston TX

peternew wrote:
> Not much time left. Once a yer we have a large full moon, where because
> of its close proximity to earth, the Moonapears about 15% larger than
> other times.
>
> <http://www.space.com/15474-supermoon-full-moon-2012.html>

I went out and looked. Can't tell if it appears bigger or
not but it's definitely brighter.
It lights up my back yard good and was able to get decent
photos of the yard at 10 seconds and f6.3. I forgot what I
set the other parameters at. Can't get a decent photo of
the moon itself because my little point and shoot cannot focus
on it and I did not feel like fighting off the mosquitoes to
find an alternate focus point.

Why super.super is not allowed? bearice@gmail.com Java 7 04-06-2008 01:11 AM
super.super.super how? Java 24 02-24-2005 10:51 PM
super. could there be a simpler super? Kerim Borchaev Python 4 01-15-2004 03:15 PM
WHICH LENS? - SIGMA 70-300mm DL MACRO Super-II or 28-300mm AF Super Zoom 4 - for Canon 300d Rebel Digital SLR? No Spam Digital Photography 24 11-27-2003 08:21 AM
Getting the super class via the super() function Fernando Rodriguez Python 2 11-22-2003 12:08 AM

Advertisments