Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Compiler related topics

Compiler related topics

woodbrian77@gmail.com

Is there a link to download Visual Studio 2013? I found a
page off of a site called 2013download.com that said you
could download it there, but it looked kind of fishy to
me so I didn't do it.

Secondly, is anyone using clang 3.3 or newer? I hit a bug
in clang 3.2

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...++/FoF4eehyM6I

but I don't know if it is still a problem in more recent
releases. Tia.

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.
http://webEbenezer.net

Glad to hear https://duckduckgo.com is getting more
traffic lately.

Victor Bazarov

On 6/20/2013 2:28 PM, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Is there a link to download Visual Studio 2013? I found a
> page off of a site called 2013download.com that said you
> could download it there, but it looked kind of fishy to
> me so I didn't do it.

If you can survive another week without it, you might not need those
fishy (or should I say "phishy") sites. MS said they would give more
information during their "Build" conference set to open mid next week in
SF, I think.

> Secondly, is anyone using clang 3.3 or newer? I hit a bug
> in clang 3.2
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...++/FoF4eehyM6I
>
> but I don't know if it is still a problem in more recent
> releases. Tia.

Is there no way to ask llvm directly?

woodbrian77@gmail.com

On Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:37:25 PM UTC, Victor Bazarov wrote:

> If you can survive another week without it, you might not need those
> fishy (or should I say "phishy") sites. MS said they would give more
> information during their "Build" conference set to open mid next week in
> SF, I think.

OK, I found it now.

> > Secondly, is anyone using clang 3.3 or newer? I hit a bug
> > in clang 3.2

I am.

> Is there no way to ask llvm directly?

That's the next step. I installed clang 3.3 now and it still
crashes.

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - Was Eisenhower the last decent US President?
http://webEbenezer.net

woodbrian77@gmail.com

On Friday, June 28, 2013 3:23:56 AM UTC, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> OK, I found it now.

A few comments:

IIuc, Visual Studio 2013 is also known as Visual Studio 12.

It seems faster than the previous version.

It doesn't support non-static data member initialization in
a class declaration. This is a dissapointment.

> That's the next step.

I reported it and they said they fixed it.