Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Cleaning a sony digital Lens

Cleaning a sony digital Lens

craig.wrigglesworth@tradermedia.co.uk

That looks like dirt on the sensor my DSC-HX20V also suffered from this butI couldn't work out what it was as panorama shots were clear and you only notice it really badly in certain photos - generally flat colours (sky, paper, etc). My contamination was in the top right of images - it would appearthat panoramas only use the center section of the sensor. I took my cameraback to Jessops (before they folded) and Sony replaced the sensor. This fixed the problem for a while but the problem is now back but in the center section of the sensor so panoramas now produce a lovely dappled effect in the sky (

No amount of lens cleaning will fix this problem. Believe me I've been there.

21blackswan@gmail.com

On Monday, July 8, 2013 6:02:20 AM UTC-7, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> That looks like dirt on the sensor my DSC-HX20V also suffered from this but I couldn't work out what it was as panorama shots were clear and you only notice it really badly in certain photos - generally flat colours (sky, paper, etc). My contamination was in the top right of images - it would appear that panoramas only use the center section of the sensor. I took my camera back to Jessops (before they folded) and Sony replaced the sensor. This fixed the problem for a while but the problem is now back but in the centersection of the sensor so panoramas now produce a lovely dappled effect in the sky (
>
> No amount of lens cleaning will fix this problem. Believe me I've been there.

thanks Craig,

nice to get feedback, specifically from another dsc-hx20 owner!

I've decided to keep my camera, even assuming the spots may come back.
But, no spots for weeks now.
My spots really stood out on the lighter colored shots.

marc

RichA

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:41:15 PM UTC-4, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I just bought a store model sony dsc hx20v,
>
> and the lens is very dirty, with what appears to be smudges
>

> is there a best way to clean the lens?
>

> I have some cleaning packets, made for monitors & len's,
>
> although they seem to be a little dried out.
>

> Or maybe a Qtip, with some kind of fluid?
>
> What kind of fluid would I use, or not use?
>

> thanks
>
> marc

Just remember to use the "digital cleaning fluid" as opposed to the "analog lens cleaning fluid."