Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Pattern Search Regular Expression

Pattern Search Regular Expression

Mark Lawrence

On 15/06/2013 22:03, Joshua Landau wrote:
> On 15 June 2013 11:18, Mark Lawrence <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I tend to reach for string methods rather than an RE so will something like
>> this suit you?
>>
>> c:\Users\Mark\MyPython>type a.py
>> for s in ("In the ocean",
>> "On the ocean",
>> "By the ocean",
>> "In this group",
>> "In this group",
>> "By the new group"):
>> print(' '.join(s.split()[1:-1]))
>>

>> c:\Users\Mark\MyPython>a
>> the
>> the
>> the
>> this
>> this
>> the new

> Careful - " ".join(s.split()) != s
>
> Eg:

> 's s'
>
> It's pedantry, but true.

I'm sorry but I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about. I
believe the code I posted works for the OP's needs. If it doesn't
please say so.

--
"Steve is going for the pink ball - and for those of you who are
watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green." Snooker

Mark Lawrence