Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: Wikipedia goes wrong: is this possible?

Re: Wikipedia goes wrong: is this possible?

zebra9forC

paskali wrote:
> I do not know you but i consider Wikipedia one of the more ugly things
> on internet and in general in the humanity history.

You're trolling. The reason I know you are is because I use Wikipedia a lot
for information (but I can separate the chaff from the wheat, YMMV): i.e.,
it is useful. So what's your beef with it *exactly*?

> I detest anything
> is Wiki and like Wiki, i consider a similar approach about the various
> argument mistaken, useless and dangerous.

But *why* do you detest it? Get to the point!

> Some time ago i have read (i do not remember the item) a thing like
> the following:
>
> int funtion(int var) {
>
> int arr[var];

> }
>
> All this should be in the place of malloc function:
>
> int function(int var) {
>
> int *arr;
>
> arr = malloc(var * sizeof(int));
>
> if(arr != NULL) {
> } else {
> puts("OUT OF MEMORY");
> exit();
> }
>
> arr = NULL;
> free(arr);
>
> }
>
> I am not a very C expert, i have studied some things, read some item,
> but i have never seen a thing like this and that my compilers,
> obviously, refuse.

What a stupid example to use in support of "I detest Wikipedia because...".
Get away from the computer occassionally and smell the flowers or something.
Seeesh!

Keith Thompson

"zebra9forC" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> paskali wrote:
>> I do not know you but i consider Wikipedia one of the more ugly things
>> on internet and in general in the humanity history.

> You're trolling.

And you're encouraging him.