Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Play with Pentax's camera colourer

Play with Pentax's camera colourer

RichA

Richard

"RichA" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>http://pentaximaging.com/Q7studio#/blue/black

Well, if that sort of thing will keep you away from here:
http://www.thecolor.com/
HTH

Whisky-dave

On Friday, June 14, 2013 5:27:26 AM UTC+1, RichA wrote:
> http://pentaximaging.com/Q7studio#/blue/black

That was fun, (1 minutes worth) you can get some pretty horrible colour scheme's pity there's no clear or transparent option.
leopard print would be cool and dalmation, snake skin ...

Robert Coe

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:27:26 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: http://pentaximaging.com/Q7studio#/blue/black

The only reason for having all those combinations is so that you can buy one
in your school colors (to use at the next reunion, for example), and mine
aren't there. :^(

Bob

Paul Ciszek

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>http://pentaximaging.com/Q7studio#/blue/black

If the Q7 has a 1/1.7" sensor when the rest of the Q series had a 1/2.3"
sensor, that would mean:

a) All of the Q series lenses will have different fields of view on this
camera than they had on the earlier models of the same series

b) Quality may suffer outside the very center of the image, if the lenses
were designed with the 1/2.3" sensor in mind. Especially the Fisheye
lens.

c) Some pretty nice compact superzooms have been made with 1/2.3" sensors
for some time now, with faster apertures than most of the lenses
available for the Q-mount. The could do everything the earlier Q-mount
models could do, except for the fisheye lens. What the heck was the
point of this system?

--
Please reply to: |"We establish no religion in this country, we command
pciszek at panix dot com | no worship, we mandate no belief, nor will we ever.
| --Ronald Reagan, October 26, 1984

Whisky-dave

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:15:18 AM UTC+1, Paul Ciszek wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >http://pentaximaging.com/Q7studio#/blue/black

> If the Q7 has a 1/1.7" sensor when the rest of the Q series had a 1/2.3"
>
> sensor, that would mean:

It has little effect on the colour combinations.
as if sensor size is important !!!!

otter

On Jun 13, 11:27*pm, RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://pentaximaging.com/Q7studio#/blue/black

Now, THAT is COOL! I want my orange and white 5D3!!! Canon, are you
listening?

Me

On 14/06/2013 4:27 p.m., RichA wrote:
> http://pentaximaging.com/Q7studio#/blue/black

"Note that even Apple doesn't do color variations except on things that
sell in tens of millions of units, and they're using daily data from
their many stores to balance color production. "

http://www.sansmirror.com/newsviews/...of-colors.html

RichA

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:15:18 AM UTC-4, Paul Ciszek wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >http://pentaximaging.com/Q7studio#/blue/black

> If the Q7 has a 1/1.7" sensor when the rest of the Q series had a 1/2.3"
>
> sensor, that would mean:
>

> a) All of the Q series lenses will have different fields of view on this
>
> camera than they had on the earlier models of the same series
>

> b) Quality may suffer outside the very center of the image, if the lenses
>
> were designed with the 1/2.3" sensor in mind. Especially the Fisheye
>
> lens.
>

> c) Some pretty nice compact superzooms have been made with 1/2.3" sensors
>
> for some time now, with faster apertures than most of the lenses
>
> available for the Q-mount. The could do everything the earlier Q-mount
>
> models could do, except for the fisheye lens. What the heck was the
>
> point of this system?

Novelty?