Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Popen and reading stdout in windows

Popen and reading stdout in windows

Joseph L. Casale

I have a use where writing an interim file is not convenient and I was hoping to
iterate through maybe 100k lines of output by a process as its generated or
roughly anyways.

Seems to be a common question on ST, and more easily solved in Linux.
Anyone currently doing this with Python 2.7 in windows and can share some
guidance?

Thanks!
jlc

Grant Edwards

http://docs.python.org/2/library/subprocess.html

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! All of life is a blur
at of Republicans and meat!