Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > global goto in c

global goto in c

Jorgen Grahn

On Thu, 2013-06-06, fir wrote:
> W dniu czwartek, 6 czerwca 2013 19:45:06 UTC+2 u??ytkownik Keith Thompson napisa??:
>>

>> It's not his newsreader; the problem is that he's not using one.

>> groups.google.com causes this problem. In articles posted via Google

> ye, thats google groups,
> The best would be if they would repair it
> (most of the time i prefer just to dont care
> ;(

Perhaps I misunderstand, but ...
If you don't care if your postings are readable, please stop posting
them.

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Jorgen Grahn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Thu, 2013-06-06, fir wrote:
>> W dniu czwartek, 6 czerwca 2013 19:45:06 UTC+2 u??ytkownik Keith Thompson napisa??:
>>>

>>> It's not his newsreader; the problem is that he's not using one.

>>> groups.google.com causes this problem. In articles posted via Google

>> ye, thats google groups,
>> The best would be if they would repair it
>> (most of the time i prefer just to dont care
>> ;(

>Perhaps I misunderstand, but ...
>If you don't care if your postings are readable, please stop posting
>them.

They are readable enough.

And the ninnies who insist on carping about the posting style were never
going to help him anyway, so there's no loss there.

--
I've been watching cat videos on YouTube. More content and closer to
the truth than anything on Fox.

Jorgen Grahn

On Thu, 2013-06-06, fir wrote:
> W dniu czwartek, 6 czerwca 2013 20:02:52 UTC+2 u??ytkownik David Harmon napisa??:
>>
>> Google "GOTO considered harmful"

> sure, I totally do not know whot would be
> the outcome of such global-goto programming
> (does anybody know?)

Yes -- the people whose writings you'll find if you google. Chances
are the outcome would be /worse/ today than in the 1970s, with better
compilers, instruction caches, and users who are not very familiar
with GOTO, or the ways it interacts with more modern C constructs.

> the classic procedural
> way is enough complex

GOTO probably predates what you think of as procedural programming.

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .