Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Adobe - Photoshop and their "Subscriptions"

Re: Adobe - Photoshop and their "Subscriptions"

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have been a Photoshop user since the very first release of the
> software for the PC way back in what, 1990? 1994?? Both personal and
> at all of the screenprinting companies I managed over the years and
> right up to my own personal photography work. I looked at GIMP once,
> Same with COREL..... and a few other wannabe's.
>
> Through all the years I've been a loyal Adobe customer and never
> really considered anything else as the Photoshop products always did
> well for me.
>
> Over the weekend I purchased a Nikon D3200 camera. This camera uses
> NEF-Compressed RAW format. I use Photoshop CS3 mostly out of laziness
> in updating. Also though there is the cost with seeming annual
> upgrades. CS3 did everything I need it to do so if it ain't broken
> don't fix it.

if cs3 was doing everything you needed all this time, then you don't
need to update to cs6 or creative cloud.

photoshop elements for $60 is all you need.

rest of your rant snipped.