Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Caller I.D. Query

Re: Caller I.D. Query

Graham.

On Thu, 30 May 2013 17:27:02 +0100, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>Is the way VOIP caller ID displayed (or not) simply down to the way the
>recipients telephone network handles it or is it more random depending
>on call routes further up the chain?
>
>Reason being my Orange (now EE) mobile phones always show CID when
>called from home or shop over any of the betamax suppliers as indeed it
>shows up on the majority of customers phones however there seems to be a
>small proportion of phone providers (mobile and other) that never
>receive caller ID, usually just being fed an "international" CID.
>
>Using voipcheap for all outbound calls from mobiles also never present a
>problem either mobile to mobile (both EE) or mobile to BT or home voip
>numbers.
>
>Just wondered if anyone has tied it down to a specific operator/provider
>or not.
>
>Cheese
>Pete@

I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remember that my CLI from voipcheap
stopped displaying on a BT landline, I changed it from 0044 to +44
format and it started working again. In both cases the BT line
displayed national format 0161 etc.

I'll try a few test calls with different formats and post back.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Graham.

Tests show that voipcheap.co.uk CLIs can be expressed as 0044
(international), +44 (international), 44 (E.164), or 0 (national)

Destinations were a BT landline and a Vodafone mobile.
I realise hat is not an exhaustive test, I also realise it doesn't
totally address your question.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Woody

"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Tests show that voipcheap.co.uk CLIs can be expressed as 0044
> (international), +44 (international), 44 (E.164), or 0
> (national)
>
> Destinations were a BT landline and a Vodafone mobile.
> I realise hat is not an exhaustive test, I also realise it
> doesn't
> totally address your question.

Remember that BT do not show numbers from non-UK sources (i.e.
international) as they don't believe them to be always 100%
accurate/true. If Voipcheap is using a server outside the UK at
the point where CLI is generated then BT would regard that as
non-UK and not show the number, whereas most other SPs will show
it.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Can't get function caller if the caller is from a function within a popup window Mark Javascript 2 04-03-2004 07:57 AM
cisco caller allowed call time Ivana Cisco 1 03-02-2004 02:35 PM
caller / callee graph ... jai hanuman ASP .Net 0 12-16-2003 03:34 PM
CCM caller id JS Cisco 0 10-23-2003 05:05 PM
Caller Id and win32::serial robb Perl 1 10-14-2003 07:42 PM

Advertisments