Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Sapphire Edge HD4

Sapphire Edge HD4

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

Bjorn 3D have reviewed the Sapphire Edge HD4 system:

Quote:
"When a graphics company ventures into other items or even complete systems there is always a moment where users will wonder if they know what exactly they are meddling in. Well in the case of Sapphire they definitely know where they are at and what they wanna accomplish when they build such systems as the Edge HD series has been around for awhile.

We must admit we found the HD4 to be in a bit of a quandary as it is utilizing a standard Intel HD GPU which means it will not be for those looking to play any level of modern games. This is especially questionable as common APUís from AMD can play much better graphics than this unit so at that point we had to get on the line with Sapphire and clear a few things up.

Upon clarification it became instantly clear that Sapphire wanted to diversify their mini PC offerings with something with a bit more X86 muscle and offer something for the guys looking for a newer tech Intel based mini PC. With this known we can state from my own experience that the efficiency and ability to do work of Intelís newer gen processors is quite high so we now have a better understanding of the mini PC Edge series landscape and why this model was made.

It is obvious that this unit will not be for anything more than your basic games, maybe emulators or flashed based usage. But the real beauty here will be in processing power and simple HTPC usage as we could see it replacing my own HTPC we recently built."
Read more here.