Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox bookmarks

Firefox bookmarks

Ivanovitsj

Hi, is there any way I can have my bookmarks look like my bookmarks in IE?
I've just installed Mozilla Firefox,
and it's a little bit confusing having the "single" bookmarks mixed in with
the individual folders. I was hoping I could sort them like this, from top
to bottom:

Alphabetized bookmark folders =>
Alphabetized single bookmarks.

Hope this makes sense....

Thanks!

Ivan, Norway

Reg Mouatt

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:25:51 +0200, "Ivanovitsj"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi, is there any way I can have my bookmarks look like my bookmarks in IE?
>I've just installed Mozilla Firefox,
>and it's a little bit confusing having the "single" bookmarks mixed in with
>the individual folders. I was hoping I could sort them like this, from top
>to bottom:
>
>Alphabetized bookmark folders =>
>Alphabetized single bookmarks.
>
>Hope this makes sense....
>
>Thanks!
>
>Ivan, Norway

Hi Ivan,
So long as you have the most recent version of Firefox, Version 1
'Preview Release', you can download a 'Sort Bookmarks' extension from

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=102

You need to click on both 'Install' buttons, the upper
one first, below 'This extension sorts etc.' and then grant permission
for FF to download from that site and then the lower for the actual
installation.

Reg

Ivanovitsj

Reg Mouatt wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:25:51 +0200, "Ivanovitsj"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Hi, is there any way I can have my bookmarks look like my bookmarks in IE?
>>I've just installed Mozilla Firefox,
>>and it's a little bit confusing having the "single" bookmarks mixed in with
>>the individual folders. I was hoping I could sort them like this, from top
>>to bottom:
>>
>>Alphabetized bookmark folders =>
>>Alphabetized single bookmarks.
>>
>>Hope this makes sense....
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>Ivan, Norway

> Hi Ivan,
> So long as you have the most recent version of Firefox, Version 1
> 'Preview Release', you can download a 'Sort Bookmarks' extension from
>
> http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=102
>
> You need to click on both 'Install' buttons, the upper
> one first, below 'This extension sorts etc.' and then grant permission
> for FF to download from that site and then the lower for the actual
> installation.
>
> Reg

Hey, that did it. Excellent!
Thanks for Your help, Reg!
This browser rocks!!!

Ivan

daytona

Thanks Reg
That was also bothering me.........after awhile I finally figured out the
download process
the upper is for the earlier version of FF and the lower is for the newer
version
GREAT and many thanks to the person who took time to come up with that

Elton Noway

Ivanovitsj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Reg Mouatt wrote:
> > On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:25:51 +0200, "Ivanovitsj"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >

> >>Hi, is there any way I can have my bookmarks look like my bookmarks in IE?
> >>I've just installed Mozilla Firefox,
> >>and it's a little bit confusing having the "single" bookmarks mixed in with
> >>the individual folders. I was hoping I could sort them like this, from top
> >>to bottom:
> >>
> >>Alphabetized bookmark folders =>
> >>Alphabetized single bookmarks.
> >>
> >>Hope this makes sense....

I also had this problem and was looking for the same solution.
Although Reg already provided a fix, I found an alternate and very
simple fix thats easy to install. Just go to this URL. The fix
(download)is automatic. Simply click on "Install now" when prompted.
The file name is: Sort_Bookmarks_0.5.1_pass1.xpi

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/extfi....5.1_pass1.xpi

If you don't like the idea of an automatic install program running
from a website, you can downloaded the file to your harddrive. Once
downloaded, simply open a Firefox browser window, go to the location
where you saved the file, and "drag" the file and "drop" it on the
open firefox window. Accept the update when prompted and Bingo the
Sort Bookmarks funtions sorts Alphabetized bookmark foldersfolders
first, followed by Alphabetized single bookmarks.

Elton