Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re-direction to another aspx page

Re-direction to another aspx page

=?Utf-8?B?SXJmYW4gQWtyYW0=?=

Hi People,

Wondering whether there is a way of being transferred to another aspx page,
after waiting for a couple or more seconds, rather than being transferred
immediately. For example displaying a status message and then being
transferred after 4-5 seconds.

Will wait for valuable feedback.

Thanks,

I.A

Lionel LASKE

It's not a specific ASPX function but more a HTML related tag.
Try something like this
<head>
URL=http://urltotransfer/next.aspx;">
redirected. If you are not
automatically forwarded, please click here to enter.</a></p>

Where 5 is the number of second to wait. Caution: it's not a
"Server.Transfer" equivalent so you need a request/reponse to your browser.

Lionel.

"Irfan Akram" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message
de news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi People,
>
> Wondering whether there is a way of being transferred to another aspx
> page,
> after waiting for a couple or more seconds, rather than being transferred
> immediately. For example displaying a status message and then being
> transferred after 4-5 seconds.
>
> Will wait for valuable feedback.
>
> Thanks,
>
> I.A

=?Utf-8?B?SXJmYW4gQWtyYW0=?=

Hi,

I was actually looking for something which transfers meto the desired page,
after I click on the submit button, but waits for a message box to be
displayed first and then the transfer to take place. I assume this code
automatically refreshes after a certain duration. Am I right in assuming that
?

Thanks,

Irfan

"Lionel LASKE" wrote:

> It's not a specific ASPX function but more a HTML related tag.
> Try something like this
> <head>
> URL=http://urltotransfer/next.aspx;">
> redirected. If you are not
> automatically forwarded, please click here to enter.</a></p>
>
> Where 5 is the number of second to wait. Caution: it's not a
> "Server.Transfer" equivalent so you need a request/reponse to your browser.
>
> Lionel.
>

> "Irfan Akram" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message
> de news: (E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi People,
> >
> > Wondering whether there is a way of being transferred to another aspx
> > page,
> > after waiting for a couple or more seconds, rather than being transferred
> > immediately. For example displaying a status message and then being
> > transferred after 4-5 seconds.
> >
> > Will wait for valuable feedback.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > I.A

Lionel LASKE

You're right but you can add a page with a submit button and call my page
from this button.
So I guess you'll have what you expect.

Lionel.

To have your but you just need to call my code (let's say is Transfert