Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Question about ast.literal_eval

Re: Question about ast.literal_eval

Frank Millman

[Corrected top-posting]

On 20/05/2013 09:34, Carlos Nepomuceno wrote:

> It seems to me you can't use ast.literal_eval()[1] to evaluate that kind of expression
> because it's just for literals[2].
>
> Why don't you use eval()?

Because users can create their own columns, with their own constraints.
Therefore the string is user-modifiable, so it cannot be trusted.

Frank