Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > blocking auto-install

Reply
Thread Tools

blocking auto-install

 
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-16-2013
For some reason, today my browsers are insisting on installing the
defective JRE 1.7.0_21. I want to stick with 1.7.0_17 which works.

I have autoupdate turned off.

Why would it suddenly kick in today?

There is no new version after 1.7.0_21
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products http://mindprod.com
Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.
~ George Eliot (born: 1819-11-22 died: 1880-12-22 at age: 61) (Mary Ann Evans)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Joerg Meier
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-16-2013
On Thu, 16 May 2013 03:02:04 -0700, Roedy Green wrote:

> For some reason, today my browsers are insisting on installing the
> defective JRE 1.7.0_21. I want to stick with 1.7.0_17 which works.


> I have autoupdate turned off.


> Why would it suddenly kick in today?


I recommend asking your browser manufacturer.

Liebe Gruesse,
Joerg

--
Ich lese meine Emails nicht, replies to Email bleiben also leider
ungelesen.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-16-2013
On Thu, 16 May 2013 20:14:07 +1000, "Qu0ll" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :

>> There is no new version after 1.7.0_21

>
>So? Didn't you say you have 7u17 installed?


I was eliminating the possibility a release of 1.7.0_23 would make it
suddenly start complaining about 1.7.0_17, now two behind.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products http://mindprod.com
Technological possibilities are irresistible to man.
If man can go to the moon, he will.
If he can control the climate, he will.
~ John von Neumann (born: 1903-12-28 died: 1957-02-08 at age: 53)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Silvio
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-16-2013
On 05/16/2013 12:02 PM, Roedy Green wrote:
> For some reason, today my browsers are insisting on installing the
> defective JRE 1.7.0_21. I want to stick with 1.7.0_17 which works.
>
> I have autoupdate turned off.
>
> Why would it suddenly kick in today?
>
> There is no new version after 1.7.0_21
>


What's defective about it? Issues you posted earlier where about changed
security policies, if I remember correctly. Unless you (and your users)
are willing to stay at 1.7.0_17 forever I suggest you either live with
the changes or adapt your software.

And stop using applets for anything non-legacy.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switching from Non-Blocking to Blocking IO Christian Java 5 12-02-2007 11:24 PM
Non-blocking and semi-blocking Sockets class. nukleus Java 14 01-22-2007 08:22 PM
stealth-blocking, isp blocking website Dhruv Computer Security 9 01-25-2005 05:37 PM
Blocking and non blocking assignment in VHDL Hendra Gunawan VHDL 1 04-08-2004 06:03 AM
blocking i/o vs. non blocking i/o (performance) Andre Kelmanson C Programming 3 10-12-2003 02:09 PM



Advertisments