Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++14 draft?

C++14 draft?

Rui Maciel

Does anyone know if there are any draft versions of C++14 floating around?

Thanks in advance,
Rui Maciel

Rui Maciel

For reference, here's a link to the C++ Standards Committee official home
page:

http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/

Rui Maciel

Victor Bazarov

On 5/11/2013 2:17 PM, Rui Maciel wrote:
> For reference, here's a link to the C++ Standards Committee official home
> page:
>
> http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/

I suppose we all have those days when we need somebody to read it for us
and point it out to us... Search that page for "Latest publicly
available draft" link. It gives you the n3376. Or do you have a reason
not to trust that page?

Rui Maciel

Victor Bazarov wrote:

> I suppose we all have those days when we need somebody to read it for us
> and point it out to us... Search that page for "Latest publicly
> available draft" link. It gives you the n3376. Or do you have a reason
> not to trust that page?

I find it odd how, on the same message you try to insinuate that others
haven't read something, you demonstrate that you even failed to read the
post you've replied to.

If you hadn't failed reading itthen you would've understood that the
question was about whether any draft of C++14 was already floating around,
not when was one scheduled to be published.

In addition, n3376 is a draft of C++11, not C++14. As you might understand,
C++11 is not exactly the same thing as C++14.

Next time try not to let your cynicism and bitterness get the best of you.

Rui Maciel

Bart van Ingen Schenau

On Sat, 11 May 2013 23:53:22 +0100, Rui Maciel wrote:

> Victor Bazarov wrote:
>
>> I suppose we all have those days when we need somebody to read it for
>> us and point it out to us... Search that page for "Latest publicly
>> available draft" link. It gives you the n3376. Or do you have a
>> reason not to trust that page?

> I find it odd how, on the same message you try to insinuate that others
> haven't read something, you demonstrate that you even failed to read the
> post you've replied to.
>
> If you hadn't failed reading it then you would've understood that the
> question was about whether any draft of C++14 was already floating
> around, not when was one scheduled to be published.
>
> In addition, n3376 is a draft of C++11, not C++14. As you might
> understand, C++11 is not exactly the same thing as C++14.

And what exactly made you conclude that n3376 is a draft for C++11 and
not for C++14?
As far as I know, the last (publicly available) C++11 draft is n3242.
I would say that all publicly available drafts after that are for C++14
(consisting of C++11 + whatever has already been agreed for C++14).

> Next time try not to let your cynicism and bitterness get the best of
> you.

Pot, kettle, black?

> Rui Maciel

Bart v Ingen Schenau

Geoff

On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:12:15 +0000 (UTC), Bart van Ingen Schenau
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>As far as I know, the last (publicly available) C++11 draft is n3242.

Then what is draft n3485 dated 12-11-02 which revises n3376?

Balog Pal

On 5/12/2013 8:16 PM, Geoff wrote:
> On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:12:15 +0000 (UTC), Bart van Ingen Schenau
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> As far as I know, the last (publicly available) C++11 draft is n3242.

> Then what is draft n3485 dated 12-11-02 which revises n3376?

The last posted version -- we can expect another in a few days, the
post-Bristol papers just appeared recently, guess Stefanus still has
some editing to do on the WP.

@RM: that one will be pretty close to C++14, the remaining changes will
only be due to NB comments plus few exceptional cases, like fixed-up
version of digit separators that were suddenly not voted in because of
some last-minute presented problems.

Bart van Ingen Schenau

On Sun, 12 May 2013 11:16:17 -0700, Geoff wrote:

> On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:12:15 +0000 (UTC), Bart van Ingen Schenau
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>As far as I know, the last (publicly available) C++11 draft is n3242.

> Then what is draft n3485 dated 12-11-02 which revises n3376?

That is the most recently available draft of C++14. As I understand, it
will be replaced by a new draft shortly.

How hard can it be to understand that there are no further drafts on a
version of a standard after it has been finalized and published?
Expecting new drafts of C++11 is just as logical as expecting new drafts
of C++98.

Bart v Ingen Schenau

Jeremy Murphy

Committee Draft was released a few weeks ago:

http://isocpp.org/blog/2013/05/new-p...ommittee-draft

Cheers.

Jeremy

Victor Bazarov

On 6/4/2013 3:09 AM, Jeremy Murphy wrote:
> Committee Draft was released a few weeks ago:
>
> http://isocpp.org/blog/2013/05/new-p...ommittee-draft

The actual link to the document:
http://isocpp.org/files/papers/N3690.pdf