Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > oh perlbal you!!! you got what i need....but you dotn work with 5 16

oh perlbal you!!! you got what i need....but you dotn work with 5 16

johannes falcone

dont work with 5.16.3

oh perbal uuuuuuuu

johannes falcone

On Monday, May 6, 2013 3:34:46 PM UTC-7, Ben Morrow wrote:
> Quoth johannes falcone <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
> > dont work with 5.16.3

> > oh perbal uuuuuuuu

> Do you have something intelligible to say?
>

> Ben

perlbal does not install when I use 5.16.3 perl and cpanm

did you have luck?

Peter Makholm

johannes falcone <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> perlbal does not install when I use 5.16.3 perl and cpanm

'Does not install' is a pretty vague probelm description. If you expect
some useful respons you would probably need to describe the problem a
bit more. For example by quoting the failing tests.

Looking at http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/P/...l#Perlbal-1.80
it doesn't seem to be in a fully working state, but the actual failures
differs quite a bit and none of them seems to be obvious based on my
generic knowledge of perl.

//Makholm

johannes falcone

On Monday, May 6, 2013 11:57:50 PM UTC-7, Peter Makholm wrote:
> johannes falcone <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>

> > perlbal does not install when I use 5.16.3 perl and cpanm

> 'Does not install' is a pretty vague probelm description. If you expect
>
> some useful respons you would probably need to describe the problem a
>
> bit more. For example by quoting the failing tests.
>

> Looking at http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/P/...l#Perlbal-1.80
>
> it doesn't seem to be in a fully working state, but the actual failures
>
> differs quite a bit and none of them seems to be obvious based on my
>
> generic knowledge of perl.
>

> //Makholm

yeah I can't install it either

I wonder if the perlbal gods will update it soon?

nice to skip nginx and apache and hek ha proxy

johannes falcone

On Monday, May 6, 2013 11:57:50 PM UTC-7, Peter Makholm wrote:
> johannes falcone <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>

> > perlbal does not install when I use 5.16.3 perl and cpanm

> 'Does not install' is a pretty vague probelm description. If you expect
>
> some useful respons you would probably need to describe the problem a
>
> bit more. For example by quoting the failing tests.
>

> Looking at http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/P/...l#Perlbal-1.80
>
> it doesn't seem to be in a fully working state, but the actual failures
>
> differs quite a bit and none of them seems to be obvious based on my
>
> generic knowledge of perl.
>

> //Makholm

http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/P/...l#Perlbal-1.80

so wait is this for what hand compiling?

cpanm failed me!!

maybe I need some os level libs instaled before cpanm will work correctly?

I will try on archlinux with the latest stuff and see.

maybe arch is so good they already have it

johannes falcone

On Monday, May 6, 2013 11:57:50 PM UTC-7, Peter Makholm wrote:
> johannes falcone <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>

> > perlbal does not install when I use 5.16.3 perl and cpanm

> 'Does not install' is a pretty vague probelm description. If you expect
>
> some useful respons you would probably need to describe the problem a
>
> bit more. For example by quoting the failing tests.
>

> Looking at http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/P/...l#Perlbal-1.80
>
> it doesn't seem to be in a fully working state, but the actual failures
>
> differs quite a bit and none of them seems to be obvious based on my
>
> generic knowledge of perl.
>

> //Makholm

installed under perl 5.10 fine
switched to 5.16.3 using perlbrew
did coanm Perlbal said already isntalled
yay
started up and real c00l
go perlbal!!
really slick webserver in perl!!
config is dream compared to apache

johannes falcone

perlbal is only million times easier than apache

I bet we could replace out f5 load balancers with it too!!