Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Re: Why do Perl programmers make more money than Python programmers

Re: Why do Perl programmers make more money than Python programmers

Roy Smith

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Ignoramus16992 <ignoramus16992@NOSPAM.16992.invalid> wrote:

> According to CIO.com, Python programmers make only $83,000 per year,
> while Perl programmers make $93,000 per year.

It's amazing the depths to which people are willing to sink for an extra
$10k per year.

Steven D'Aprano

On Sun, 05 May 2013 13:58:51 -0400, Roy Smith wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Ignoramus16992 <ignoramus16992@NOSPAM.16992.invalid> wrote:
>
>> According to CIO.com, Python programmers make only $83,000 per year,
>> while Perl programmers make $93,000 per year.

> It's amazing the depths to which people are willing to sink for an extra
> $10k per year.

Right now, I'd consider learning PHP for an extra $100 a month. Or
peddling my arse down at the docks for twenty cents a time, which will be
less embarrassing and much less painful.

--
Steven

Roy Smith

In article <5186af75$0$29997$c3e8da3$(E-Mail Removed) om>,
Steven D'Aprano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Right now, I'd consider learning PHP for an extra $100 a month. Or
> peddling my arse down at the docks for twenty cents a time, which will be
> less embarrassing and much less painful.

Having spent the better part of a year doing one of those activities,
I'm inclined to agree.

There *are* programming languages worse than PHP. Have you ever tried
britescript?

johannes falcone

On Sunday, May 5, 2013 12:13:57 PM UTC-7, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Sun, 05 May 2013 13:58:51 -0400, Roy Smith wrote:
>

> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> > Ignoramus16992 <ignoramus16992@NOSPAM.16992.invalid> wrote:

> >> According to CIO.com, Python programmers make only $83,000 per year,

> >> while Perl programmers make $93,000 per year.

> > It's amazing the depths to which people are willing to sink for an extra

> > $10k per year.

> Right now, I'd consider learning PHP for an extra $100 a month. Or
>
> peddling my arse down at the docks for twenty cents a time, which will be
>
> less embarrassing and much less painful.
>

> --
>
> Steven

if you could get paid to hump, life be grand!