Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: How to avoid PEP8 'imported but unused'

Re: How to avoid PEP8 'imported but unused'

Fábio Santos

I usually do this on pyflakes:

import whatever
assert whatever # silence pyflakes

Pyflakes and pep8 have no way of knowing django will import and use your
module, or whether you are just importing a module for the side effects, so
they issue a warning anyway. Assert'ing counts as using the module, so it
counts as an used import.