Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing forexperimentation

How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing forexperimentation

Ashton Crusher

On Mon, 13 May 2013 03:18:26 +0000 (UTC), Danny D <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Tue, 07 May 2013 21:59:19 -0400, Tony Cooper wrote:
>
>> If you can get freeware that does the job, why not?

>UPDATE:
> http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12918763.jpg
>
>That's a picture of the final assembly where the combination
>goal was to repipe pool plumbing to both eliminate a leak at
>the two pump inlets and to (at the same time) make it easier
>to repair the pumps in the future - and (at the same time)
>to reduce the number of elbows in the system as there were
>far too many (all of which were bunched up too close together)
>and, at the same time, to eliminate any lines going over on
>top of the baskets (which made it hard to open the covers).

Looks good.

Danny D

On Sun, 12 May 2013 22:07:01 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

>>UPDATE:
>> http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12918763.jpg

> Looks good.

Thanks.

It was hard, for me, as I've never done this before.

Alfred Fox

On Sun, 12 May 2013 22:04:49 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

> there isn't a dime's worth of difference between the two parties
> except for HOW they plan to screw you

Son: "Dad, what's the difference between a Republican & a Democrat?"
Dad: "Well son, the Democrat says he will take all your money and
give it to other people; and he does."
Son: So what does the Republican do?
Dad: "Ah, Son, the Republican is totally different. He says he won't
take all your money to give it to other people. But he does".

krw@attt.bizz

On Mon, 13 May 2013 00:54:25 -0400, "J. Clarke"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>says...
>>
>> On Sun, 12 May 2013 22:22:54 -0400, "J. Clarke"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>> >says...

>> >So you're fine with deceptive marketing as long as the fine print screws
>> >the buyer.

>> You certainly don't read well.

>You should try writing more clearly. If you meant something clever you
>failed.

No clever intentions at all. You simply are incapable of reading
what's written.

>> >Tell that to the Japanese.

>> That's not their problem, either.

>Then perhaps you should contact their government and explain to it what
>their problem really is, since you seem certain that they are incorrect
>in their assessment of the situation.

Many have. Like ours, theirs is interested things other than getting
their economy going.

Attila Iskander

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 9 May 2013 17:22:37 +0000 (UTC), Danny D <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 09 May 2013 08:04:25 -0500, Attila Iskander wrote:
>>
>>> The lesson was brought home to me reading "The Last Centurion" by John
>>> Ringo, where the main character discusses high trust and low trust
>>> societies.

>>Interesting. The USENET is a high-trust society, for the most part;
>>and certain groups, such as the three on this post, are all high-trust
>>USENET newsgroups.

> Not at all. There is no "risk" or "cost", so therefore no "trust".

If there was no trust, there would be no discussion on how to do DIY
After all, if you didn't trust anyone else why bother learning from them
And that is EXACTLY what occurs in low-trust societies

And yes, there is both risk and cost
If you take the advse of someone who may not have good knowledge, you run
the risk of having greater cost than if you had someone do it for you

> Do you buy from spammers?

What has that got to do with the price of tea in China
Being high trust does not mean being stupid
Even high trust societies need to and do, follow the rule "Trust but verify"
That is very different from the rule
"Do not trust unless...(insert restrictive criteria here",
or even worse the rule
"Do not trust, since everyone is in it for themselves..
and will screw you over if they can.."
Which are both signs of low trust societies.

Attila Iskander

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 9 May 2013 18:25:52 +0000 (UTC), Danny D <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 09 May 2013 13:58:25 -0400, krw wrote:
>>
>>> Not at all. There is no "risk" or "cost", so therefore no "trust".
>>> Do you buy from spammers?

>>Well, you have a point that alt.comp.freeware is filled with
>>spammers; but alt.home.repair is a wonderfully experienced
>>collection of homeowners who help each other - and -
>>rec.photo.digital is renown for the professionals who frequent
>>it's hallowed threads.
>>

> The point being that there isn't trust because there is nothing at
> risk; nothing *to* trust.

Completely bogus point as demonstrated elsewhere

Attila Iskander

"J. Clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <kmdgjn$fe8$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>>
>> "Danny D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:kmcjqk$vm2$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > Actually, I'm undeclared - and have been since I was 18
>> > even though I believe in the old adage that, when you're
>> > young, you have to be a Democrat; otherwise you have no
>> > heart. When you're middle aged, you must be Republican,
>> > otherwise you have no sense; and, when you age, you go
>> > back to being a Democrat so that other people will pay
>> > for your care.
>> >

>> If the third condition is true, then you have learned nothing in your
>> life
>> at all
>> You don't have to go back to being a liberal to take advantage of
>> benefits
>> you paid for all your life with taxes.

> That's the thing, you didn't pay for your own benefits, you paid for
> somebody else's benefits, and now somebody else has to pay for yours.
>
> You must be one of those who thinks that Social Security has been saving
> your payments for you and investing them wisely. It hasn't. It has
> loaned it all to the Federal government at very low interest and the
> government has spent it all.

Don't presume stupid things just to justify your ignorance

Attila Iskander

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 12 May 2013 22:22:54 -0400, "J. Clarke"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>>says...

>>> That makes the contract all the more binding.

>>So you're fine with deceptive marketing as long as the fine print screws
>>the buyer.

> You certainly don't read well.

>>> That's not the problem.

>>Tell that to the Japanese.

> That's not their problem, either.

But he sure needs to produce strawmen every time he posts

Attila Iskander

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 13 May 2013 00:54:25 -0400, "J. Clarke"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>>says...

>>> You certainly don't read well.

>>You should try writing more clearly. If you meant something clever you
>>failed.

> No clever intentions at all. You simply are incapable of reading
> what's written.

>>> That's not their problem, either.

>>Then perhaps you should contact their government and explain to it what
>>their problem really is, since you seem certain that they are incorrect
>>in their assessment of the situation.

> Many have. Like ours, theirs is interested things other than getting
> their economy going.

he's really not trying to "discuss"anything
All he's doing is making strawmen argument to "corner" you and thus be able
to imagine that he's right.

J. Clarke

In article <kn5btj$ns1$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Thu, 9 May 2013 17:22:37 +0000 (UTC), Danny D <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> >>Interesting. The USENET is a high-trust society, for the most part;
> >>and certain groups, such as the three on this post, are all high-trust
> >>USENET newsgroups.

> > Not at all. There is no "risk" or "cost", so therefore no "trust".

> If there was no trust, there would be no discussion on how to do DIY
> After all, if you didn't trust anyone else why bother learning from them

One does not need to trust someone in order to learn from them. One
does need to test their teachings though to separate out what works from
what doesn't. It also helps to have multiple independent sources.