Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing forexperimentation

How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing forexperimentation

Robert Macy

On May 4, 6:27*am, Danny D <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sat, 04 May 2013 09:38:15 +0000, Chris Malcolm wrote:
> > there are several pipe planner software systems that do this

> Thanks.
>
> I would think there must be software that does this; and I was
> thinking about the problem at night - so the idea hit me to
> plan by looking at a photograph.
>
> It's daylight now - so I'll do it by eye again.
>
> Still ... it would be very useful to have the software, simply
> because it must exist, for planning purposes.
>
> For example, every elbow costs in inefficiency, and every foot
> of pipe costs the builder a dollar. Certainly if they can
> eliminate a connection or two, it saves them double that.
>
> In fact, were I to start over, I'd make the whole thing gentle
> flowing curves of bent pipe, instead of these sharp elbows.

I vaguely remember attending an ''example' class of an ANSYS software
product that does this. It looked a lot like ProE competitor with
rotatable drawings and presentations. The presentations looked like 3D
renditions showing 'floating' pipes, ducting, and such. Even wiring.
This software was for large architectural buildings, like high rise [I
think]

Robert Macy

On May 4, 6:27*am, Danny D <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sat, 04 May 2013 09:38:15 +0000, Chris Malcolm wrote:
> > there are several pipe planner software systems that do this

> Thanks.
>
> I would think there must be software that does this; and I was
> thinking about the problem at night - so the idea hit me to
> plan by looking at a photograph.
>
> It's daylight now - so I'll do it by eye again.
>
> Still ... it would be very useful to have the software, simply
> because it must exist, for planning purposes.
>
> For example, every elbow costs in inefficiency, and every foot
> of pipe costs the builder a dollar. Certainly if they can
> eliminate a connection or two, it saves them double that.
>
> In fact, were I to start over, I'd make the whole thing gentle
> flowing curves of bent pipe, instead of these sharp elbows.

Just remember I saw where a laser scanner was sit inside a room and
software then produced blueprints. But don't remember the company
name, perhaps try real estate users.

J. Clarke

says...

> On Thu, 9 May 2013 12:51:33 -0400, "J. Clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <kmdgjn$fe8$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> >says...
> >>
> >> "Danny D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:kmcjqk$vm2$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> If the third condition is true, then you have learned nothing in your life
> >> at all
> >> You don't have to go back to being a liberal to take advantage of benefits
> >> you paid for all your life with taxes.

> >That's the thing, you didn't pay for your own benefits, you paid for
> >somebody else's benefits, and now somebody else has to pay for yours.

> That's the contract.

Not the way it was sold and not the impression that most people have.
And not long-term viable with a declining population.

J. Clarke

In article <kmg6ns$64g$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...

> "Tony Cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Tue, 07 May 2013 22:23:14 -0400, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> >>i don't pimp for them nor do they pay me. i clear up misinformation,

> > Clearing up "misinformation" the way you do is rolling out the
> > propaganda.
> >

> Why do you think the poster uses "nospam <(E-Mail Removed)>" as a nym
> and addy...

Because he's not creative enough to come up with a spamdump account.

krw@attt.bizz

On Sun, 12 May 2013 14:10:55 -0400, "J. Clarke"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>says...
>>
>> On Thu, 9 May 2013 12:51:33 -0400, "J. Clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >In article <kmdgjn$fe8$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>> >says...

>> >That's the thing, you didn't pay for your own benefits, you paid for
>> >somebody else's benefits, and now somebody else has to pay for yours.

>> That's the contract.

>Not the way it was sold and not the impression that most people have.

That makes the contract all the more binding.

>And not long-term viable with a declining population.

That's not the problem.

J. Clarke

says...

> On Sun, 12 May 2013 14:10:55 -0400, "J. Clarke"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> >says...

> >> That's the contract.

> >Not the way it was sold and not the impression that most people have.

> That makes the contract all the more binding.

So you're fine with deceptive marketing as long as the fine print screws
the buyer.

> >And not long-term viable with a declining population.

> That's not the problem.

Tell that to the Japanese.

krw@attt.bizz

On Sun, 12 May 2013 22:22:54 -0400, "J. Clarke"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>says...
>>
>> On Sun, 12 May 2013 14:10:55 -0400, "J. Clarke"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>> >says...

>> >Not the way it was sold and not the impression that most people have.

>> That makes the contract all the more binding.

>So you're fine with deceptive marketing as long as the fine print screws
>the buyer.

You certainly don't read well.

>> >And not long-term viable with a declining population.

>> That's not the problem.

>Tell that to the Japanese.

That's not their problem, either.

Danny D

On Tue, 07 May 2013 21:59:19 -0400, Tony Cooper wrote:

> If you can get freeware that does the job, why not?

UPDATE:

That's a picture of the final assembly where the combination
goal was to repipe pool plumbing to both eliminate a leak at
the two pump inlets and to (at the same time) make it easier
to repair the pumps in the future - and (at the same time)
to reduce the number of elbows in the system as there were
far too many (all of which were bunched up too close together)
and, at the same time, to eliminate any lines going over on
top of the baskets (which made it hard to open the covers).

J. Clarke

says...

> On Sun, 12 May 2013 22:22:54 -0400, "J. Clarke"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> >says...

> >> That makes the contract all the more binding.

> >So you're fine with deceptive marketing as long as the fine print screws
> >the buyer.

> You certainly don't read well.

You should try writing more clearly. If you meant something clever you
failed.

> >> That's not the problem.

> >Tell that to the Japanese.

> That's not their problem, either.

Then perhaps you should contact their government and explain to it what
their problem really is, since you seem certain that they are incorrect
in their assessment of the situation.

Ashton Crusher

On Wed, 8 May 2013 04:20:36 +0000 (UTC), Danny D <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Tue, 07 May 2013 13:10:01 -0500, George Kerby wrote:
>
>>> do you have a real job or do you just fix things in your neighborhood
>>> for free all day long?

>> Gotta be a Democrat.

>Actually, I'm undeclared - and have been since I was 18
>even though I believe in the old adage that, when you're
>young, you have to be a Democrat; otherwise you have no
>heart. When you're middle aged, you must be Republican,
>otherwise you have no sense; and, when you age, you go
>back to being a Democrat so that other people will pay
>for your care.

The first two stages are more or less true but stage three for people
who have really learned anything (and it could happen anytime between
19 and 99) is that there isn't a dime's worth of difference between
the two parties except for HOW they plan to screw you and you are
better off to not support either of them. Virtually ALL this countries
problems stem from things the Federal Gvt has done. That's why when
people are surveyed they invariably rank their local gvt as OK, their
state gvt as barely adequate, and the Federal gvt as a disaster area.
The best thing that could happen to the US would be for ALL of our
federal elected reps (not the bureaucrats) to disappear and not be
replaced for at least a couple years. The country would get along
just fine without them.