Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: How to display RGB settings for a pixel in a photo?

Re: How to display RGB settings for a pixel in a photo?

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Jennifer
Murphy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there an easy way for me to find the RGB settings for a pixel in a
> digital photo (JPG)? I have IrfanView, Paint, and Visio. Can any opf
> them do it? I can't figure out how.

photoshop info panel and probably something similar in those apps, but
it's meaningless.

the rgb value it shows depends on the colour space the app uses and the
colour profile of your display and is almost guaranteed to *not* be the
same as the rgb value in the file.

the rgb value will also change depending on what you want to do with
the image, such as print it or display it on a different computer.

for instance, if you want the same colour on paper as what you see on
screen, the actual rgb value sent to the printer will be different than
what is sent to the screen.