Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > ZOTAC GTX Titan AMP! Edition (Overclocked) versus Radeon 7990

ZOTAC GTX Titan AMP! Edition (Overclocked) versus Radeon 7990

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

Hardware Heaven have compared the ZOTAC GTX Titan AMP! Edition (Overclocked) and Radeon 7990 video cards:

Quote:
"After quite a quiet period for GPU launches both NVIDIA and AMD have shaken up their enthusiast offerings in the last couple of months. First up was a unique new GPU from NVIDIA, GTX Titan which brought new performance levels to single GPU graphics cards, easily outperforming the Radeon 7970 and GTX 680, though it did have a high retail price. Despite early comments from AMD that they were not particularly concerned by Titan they soon released their own refresh, bringing the first "official" 7990 to market last week. This card used two AMD GPUs similar to the 7970 on one PCB for enhanced performance. Essentially 7970 Crossfire on one PCB.

Today see's the release of a new GTX Titan from ZOTAC, the AMP! Edition. This is the highest clocked air cooled Titan we have seen so far and we will be putting it up against the 7990 as well as the GTX 690 in a selection of the latest games which include Bioshock: Infinite, Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider. Of course as always we will look at GPU Computing, Media Playback, power, thermal, and acoustics as well as overclocking."
Continue reading here.