Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Problem with the Java Access Bridge and the screenreader JAWS

Problem with the Java Access Bridge and the screenreader JAWS

Markus Lemcke

Hello,

I have to make a java software accessible.
I found following instruction to setup the java access bridge:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/access...ing-jab-32-bit
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...up-139055.html
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/...06/jbridge.htm

This one works:
https://www.ssbbartgroup.com/blog/20...access-bridge/

on windows 7 the screenreader NVDA reads my testsoftware devloped with swing components and the screenreader Jaws
doesn't read it! I don't know why?

on vmware windows xp with JRE 6.x I don't know how to setup the java access bridge.
No screenreader can read my software!

can you help me please.
I need it for a customer.

Greetings

Markus Lemcke

Jeff Higgins

On 04/27/2013 05:14 PM, Markus Lemcke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to make a java software accessible.

Rather than this general Java programming group
I would suggest other more specialized forums.

http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/a...ity/index.html
http://www.freedomscientific.com/jaws-hq.asp
http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/
https://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=952

Markus Lemcke

Am Sonntag, 28. April 2013 01:12:37 UTC+2 schrieb Jeff Higgins:
> On 04/27/2013 05:14 PM, Markus Lemcke wrote:
>
> > Hello,

> > I have to make a java software accessible.

> Rather than this general Java programming group
>
> I would suggest other more specialized forums.
>

> http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/a...ity/index.html
>
> http://www.freedomscientific.com/jaws-hq.asp
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/
>
> https://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=952

Thank you for the Good Links!

Roedy Green

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 14:14:49 -0700 (PDT), Markus Lemcke
someone who said :

>on windows 7 the screenreader NVDA reads my testsoftware devloped with swing components and the screenreader Jaws
>doesn't read it! I don't know why?
>
>on vmware windows xp with JRE 6.x I don't know how to setup the java access bridge.
>No screenreader can read my software!

My guess is Java has been getting faster at screen writing by going at
the hardware at a lower and lower and more platform specific way.

There may be some system properties to ask it to back off. You might
try installing a more vanilla system video driver.

Another thing to try -- Ensure directx is up to date everywhere.

These are all just longshots.
Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.
~ George Eliot (born: 1819-11-22 died: 1880-12-22 at age: 61) (Mary Ann Evans)

Windows 8 - so bad it's hastening the death of the PC? ~misfit~ NZ Computing 18 04-15-2013 04:15 AM
SimpleHTTPRequestHandler used with HTTP/1.1 hangs after the secondresource on a page. Piotr Dobrogost Python 3 04-13-2013 05:21 PM
newbie: Problem with $ and \ in strings vivek_12315 Perl Misc 2 04-12-2013 08:30 PM
Screenreader shapper HTML 1 10-13-2009 01:56 PM
JAWS and Netscape/Firefox Roedy Green Java 18 08-03-2005 03:42 PM

Advertisments