Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Ping: Tim Conway

Ping: Tim Conway

philo

On 04/25/2013 11:20 PM, Tim Conway wrote:

>> As long as I know any weaknesses I can work around them.
>>

>> I am really enjoy using the rotatable viewer...
>> and since I am holding the camera at waist level, no one really knows I am
>> shooting.

> Sounds like the perfect street camera. Like to take one to New York...

Yep, when we go to NY this year, I'll be bringing it for sure.

FWIW: I got a favorable comment on that shot from a "famous" local
photographer.

Tim Conway

"philo " <philo@privcy.not> wrote in message
news:kld16i$tcg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 04/25/2013 11:20 PM, Tim Conway wrote:
>>>

>>> As long as I know any weaknesses I can work around them.
>>>

>>> I am really enjoy using the rotatable viewer...
>>> and since I am holding the camera at waist level, no one really knows I
>>> am
>>> shooting.

>> Sounds like the perfect street camera. Like to take one to New York...
>>

> Yep, when we go to NY this year, I'll be bringing it for sure.
>

> FWIW: I got a favorable comment on that shot from a "famous" local
> photographer.

Cool. That kinda makes it worthwhile.

philo

On 04/26/2013 04:20 AM, Tim Conway wrote:

>> Yep, when we go to NY this year, I'll be bringing it for sure.
>>

>> FWIW: I got a favorable comment on that shot from a "famous" local
>> photographer.

> Cool. That kinda makes it worthwhile.

Although I do photography just for myself really, it is nice when
someone well known in the photographic world (at least locally) gives
you a positive comment.

PeterN

On 4/26/2013 12:20 AM, Tim Conway wrote:
> "philo " <philo@privcy.not> wrote in message
> news:klci67$5qj$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 04/25/2013 07:44 PM, Tim Conway wrote:
>>> "ph

>>> I'm glad it's working out. The delay is probably the price you pay for
>>> not
>>> buying a $1500+ DSLR. LOL.
>>>
>>> Good shot of your wife. The G1-X seems to have a good sneakiness to it.
>>>

>> As long as I know any weaknesses I can work around them.
>>

>> I am really enjoy using the rotatable viewer...
>> and since I am holding the camera at waist level, no one really knows I am
>> shooting.

> Sounds like the perfect street camera. Like to take one to New York...

If you have time, give me a shout, when you are coming. If you want
interesting street shots, the Mermaid parade, on Saturday, June 22nd it
always fun shooting, and you don't need to shoot at waist level.
<http://www.coneyisland.com/mermaid.shtml>

The Coney Island-Brighten Beach area is always has interesting street
shots. However, except for the Mermaid parade, you need to do waist
level shooting.

though not as gaudy, we have street festivals almost every weekend.
(with apologies for the ads.
<http://www.newyorkled.com/nyc_events_Street_Fairs.htm>

When are you planning to come?

--
PeterN

philo

On 04/26/2013 08:01 AM, PeterN wrote:

> If you have time, give me a shout, when you are coming. If you want
> interesting street shots, the Mermaid parade, on Saturday, June 22nd it
> always fun shooting, and you don't need to shoot at waist level.
> <http://www.coneyisland.com/mermaid.shtml>
>
> The Coney Island-Brighten Beach area is always has interesting street
> shots. However, except for the Mermaid parade, you need to do waist
> level shooting.
>
> though not as gaudy, we have street festivals almost every weekend.
> (with apologies for the ads.
> <http://www.newyorkled.com/nyc_events_Street_Fairs.htm>
>
> When are you planning to come?

We will be out the end of August.

Most of the time we don't plan anything...we just walk as much as possible.

We typically "hang out" between Midtown and Chelsea.

PeterN

On 4/26/2013 9:15 AM, philo wrote:
> On 04/26/2013 08:01 AM, PeterN wrote:
>>

>> If you have time, give me a shout, when you are coming. If you want
>> interesting street shots, the Mermaid parade, on Saturday, June 22nd it
>> always fun shooting, and you don't need to shoot at waist level.
>> <http://www.coneyisland.com/mermaid.shtml>
>>
>> The Coney Island-Brighten Beach area is always has interesting street
>> shots. However, except for the Mermaid parade, you need to do waist
>> level shooting.
>>
>> though not as gaudy, we have street festivals almost every weekend.
>> (with apologies for the ads.
>> <http://www.newyorkled.com/nyc_events_Street_Fairs.htm>
>>
>> When are you planning to come?
>>

> We will be out the end of August.
>
> Most of the time we don't plan anything...we just walk as much as possible.
>

> We typically "hang out" between Midtown and Chelsea.

That time of yar we frequently go to Tangelwood, in the Berkshires, or
Maine. Give me a shout, on my email if you have time to say hello.
BTW there are nice, hotels, but with smallish rooms, in the Chelsea
area, for reasonable prices.
There is a Fairfield & Garden Inn on W 26th st. They are both quiet,
clean, comfortable and moderately priced. That is the heart of the
Flower district, near FIT, and the streets there are full of interesting
looking people.

--
PeterN

PeterN

On 4/26/2013 10:35 AM, Tim Conway wrote:
> "philo " <philo@privcy.not> wrote in message
> news:klduf2$nj$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 04/26/2013 08:01 AM, PeterN wrote:
>>>

>>> If you have time, give me a shout, when you are coming. If you want
>>> interesting street shots, the Mermaid parade, on Saturday, June 22nd it
>>> always fun shooting, and you don't need to shoot at waist level.
>>> <http://www.coneyisland.com/mermaid.shtml>
>>>
>>> The Coney Island-Brighten Beach area is always has interesting street
>>> shots. However, except for the Mermaid parade, you need to do waist
>>> level shooting.
>>>
>>> though not as gaudy, we have street festivals almost every weekend.
>>> (with apologies for the ads.
>>> <http://www.newyorkled.com/nyc_events_Street_Fairs.htm>
>>>
>>> When are you planning to come?
>>>

>> We will be out the end of August.
>>
>> Most of the time we don't plan anything...we just walk as much as
>> possible.
>>

>> We typically "hang out" between Midtown and Chelsea.

> Hah, New York to me has always been Greenwich Village..

I went to NYU. the character of the Village has moved to the East
Village, and Tompkins Square.

..ok, so I'm an old ex
> hippie. LOL

So was Steve Jobs.

--
PeterN

Tim Conway

"philo " <philo@privcy.not> wrote in message
news:kldke4$d65$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 04/26/2013 04:20 AM, Tim Conway wrote:
>>

>>> Yep, when we go to NY this year, I'll be bringing it for sure.
>>>

>>> FWIW: I got a favorable comment on that shot from a "famous" local
>>> photographer.

>> Cool. That kinda makes it worthwhile.
>>

> Although I do photography just for myself really, it is nice when someone
> well known in the photographic world (at least locally) gives you a
> positive comment.

I know what you mean. I likewise have had a nice comment from a pro about
my photos. It sure made me feel good.

Tim Conway

"philo " <philo@privcy.not> wrote in message
news:klduf2$nj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 04/26/2013 08:01 AM, PeterN wrote:
>>

>> If you have time, give me a shout, when you are coming. If you want
>> interesting street shots, the Mermaid parade, on Saturday, June 22nd it
>> always fun shooting, and you don't need to shoot at waist level.
>> <http://www.coneyisland.com/mermaid.shtml>
>>
>> The Coney Island-Brighten Beach area is always has interesting street
>> shots. However, except for the Mermaid parade, you need to do waist
>> level shooting.
>>
>> though not as gaudy, we have street festivals almost every weekend.
>> (with apologies for the ads.
>> <http://www.newyorkled.com/nyc_events_Street_Fairs.htm>
>>
>> When are you planning to come?
>>

> We will be out the end of August.
>
> Most of the time we don't plan anything...we just walk as much as
> possible.
>

> We typically "hang out" between Midtown and Chelsea.

Hah, New York to me has always been Greenwich Village...ok, so I'm an old ex
hippie. LOL

philo

On 04/26/2013 08:51 AM, PeterN wrote:
> On 4/26/2013 10:35 AM, Tim Conway wrote:
>> "philo " <philo@privcy.not> wrote in message
>> news:klduf2$nj$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> We will be out the end of August.
>>>
>>> Most of the time we don't plan anything...we just walk as much as
>>> possible.
>>>

>>> We typically "hang out" between Midtown and Chelsea.

>> Hah, New York to me has always been Greenwich Village..

> I went to NYU. the character of the Village has moved to the East
> Village, and Tompkins Square.
>
> .ok, so I'm an old ex
>> hippie. LOL
>>

> So was Steve Jobs.

LOL

I'm kind of an old hippie myself...

spent some time in both NY and California back in the late 60's.

Even in more recent times, my wife and I used to stay at the Chelsea Hotel.

Heck, just sitting in the lobby was better than going to a B'way play!

Over the years, we even got to know Storme DeLaverie just a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm%C3%A9_DeLarverie

I got a photo of her that was just good enough for my wife to do a
portrait of her.

Nowdays, we just "camp out" at one of the Holiday Inns.