Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to extend running time for Web Application?

How to extend running time for Web Application?

=?Utf-8?B?R3JhY2U=?=

Hello,
I write a Web Application:
its UI has a DataGrid controller.
The web application gets huge data from SQL Server,
then shows the result after processing these data.

It needs much time to run it.
But, it happened an error after running less than 60 seconds.
This error didn't explain detail.
I set
Server.ScriptTimeout=600;
<httpRuntime executionTimeout="600" />
cmd.CommandTimeout=600;
But, it doesn't work.
It still has an error in 60 seconds.

How to solve it?
Thanks.

Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN

May your application have 60 seconds time out. which configured via IIS
manager. My advice you to test it using Response.BufferOutput is false. and
flush it at some count of records.

Also, i wonder if does it give a sql connection time out or ASP.NET timeout?
If it gives a sql connection time out, you must set timeout in your
connection string...

--
Thanks,
Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN

"Grace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I write a Web Application:
> its UI has a DataGrid controller.
> The web application gets huge data from SQL Server,
> then shows the result after processing these data.
>
> It needs much time to run it.
> But, it happened an error after running less than 60 seconds.
> This error didn't explain detail.
> I set
> Server.ScriptTimeout=600;
> <httpRuntime executionTimeout="600" />
> cmd.CommandTimeout=600;
> But, it doesn't work.
> It still has an error in 60 seconds.
>
> How to solve it?
> Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?R3JhY2U=?=

I don't configure the IIS setting.
I already set ScriptTimeout and SqlCommand's CommandTimeout, but it doesn't
work.
The Web Page only needs a DataGrid which shows the processing result.
So, I use Response.BufferOutput=false; , it still doesn't work.

ASP Web Page can use Server.ScriptTimeout to extend running time,
but ASP.NET seems no work for it.

I think ASP.NET should have this function, but I don't find it until now.

If you have other suggestions, please kindly tell me.
Thanks.

"Yunus Emre ALPĂ–ZEN" wrote:

> May your application have 60 seconds time out. which configured via IIS
> manager. My advice you to test it using Response.BufferOutput is false. and
> flush it at some count of records.
>
> Also, i wonder if does it give a sql connection time out or ASP.NET timeout?
> If it gives a sql connection time out, you must set timeout in your
> connection string...
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Yunus Emre ALPĂ–ZEN
>

> "Grace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> > I write a Web Application:
> > its UI has a DataGrid controller.
> > The web application gets huge data from SQL Server,
> > then shows the result after processing these data.
> >
> > It needs much time to run it.
> > But, it happened an error after running less than 60 seconds.
> > This error didn't explain detail.
> > I set
> > Server.ScriptTimeout=600;
> > <httpRuntime executionTimeout="600" />
> > cmd.CommandTimeout=600;
> > But, it doesn't work.
> > It still has an error in 60 seconds.
> >
> > How to solve it?
> > Thanks.

Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN

Does your exception is thrown by SQL server or ASP.NET? Also if you set your
connection string timeout may your connection expire...

--
Thanks,
Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN

"Grace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't configure the IIS setting.
> I already set ScriptTimeout and SqlCommand's CommandTimeout, but it
> doesn't
> work.
> The Web Page only needs a DataGrid which shows the processing result.
> So, I use Response.BufferOutput=false; , it still doesn't work.
>
> ASP Web Page can use Server.ScriptTimeout to extend running time,
> but ASP.NET seems no work for it.
>
> I think ASP.NET should have this function, but I don't find it until now.
>
> If you have other suggestions, please kindly tell me.
> Thanks.
>

> "Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN" wrote:
>
>> May your application have 60 seconds time out. which configured via IIS
>> manager. My advice you to test it using Response.BufferOutput is false.
>> and
>> flush it at some count of records.
>>
>> Also, i wonder if does it give a sql connection time out or ASP.NET
>> timeout?
>> If it gives a sql connection time out, you must set timeout in your
>> connection string...
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN
>>

>> "Grace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello,
>> > I write a Web Application:
>> > its UI has a DataGrid controller.
>> > The web application gets huge data from SQL Server,
>> > then shows the result after processing these data.
>> >
>> > It needs much time to run it.
>> > But, it happened an error after running less than 60 seconds.
>> > This error didn't explain detail.
>> > I set
>> > Server.ScriptTimeout=600;
>> > <httpRuntime executionTimeout="600" />
>> > cmd.CommandTimeout=600;
>> > But, it doesn't work.
>> > It still has an error in 60 seconds.
>> >
>> > How to solve it?
>> > Thanks.

DalePres

Just a thought, but from my experience, any query result that takes more
than 60 seconds to return might be way too big to send to a web page.

How much data are you returning? Could you reduce the time to return the
data by tuning and optimizing your query? Do you have the appropriate
indexes, etc?

DalePres
MCAD, MCDBA, MCSE

"Grace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I write a Web Application:
> its UI has a DataGrid controller.
> The web application gets huge data from SQL Server,
> then shows the result after processing these data.
>
> It needs much time to run it.
> But, it happened an error after running less than 60 seconds.
> This error didn't explain detail.
> I set
> Server.ScriptTimeout=600;
> <httpRuntime executionTimeout="600" />
> cmd.CommandTimeout=600;
> But, it doesn't work.
> It still has an error in 60 seconds.
>
> How to solve it?
> Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?R3JhY2U=?=

It doesn't figure out what reason.

But, the data in the SQL Server is little, it could get the result.
If the data is large, it will interrupt the execution.

I Guess that it must run a long time, but ASP.NET doesn't allow it.
Even though I set ScriptTimeout and CommandTimeout, it still doesn't extend
the execution time.
But, I think ASP.NET must can do it, only I don't know what to do.

"Yunus Emre ALPĂ–ZEN" wrote:
> Does your exception is thrown by SQL server or ASP.NET? Also if you set your
> connection string timeout may your connection expire...
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Yunus Emre ALPĂ–ZEN
>

> "Grace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I don't configure the IIS setting.
> > I already set ScriptTimeout and SqlCommand's CommandTimeout, but it
> > doesn't
> > work.
> > The Web Page only needs a DataGrid which shows the processing result.
> > So, I use Response.BufferOutput=false; , it still doesn't work.
> >
> > ASP Web Page can use Server.ScriptTimeout to extend running time,
> > but ASP.NET seems no work for it.
> >
> > I think ASP.NET should have this function, but I don't find it until now.
> >
> > If you have other suggestions, please kindly tell me.
> > Thanks.
> >

> > "Yunus Emre ALPĂ–ZEN" wrote:
> >
> >> May your application have 60 seconds time out. which configured via IIS
> >> manager. My advice you to test it using Response.BufferOutput is false.
> >> and
> >> flush it at some count of records.
> >>
> >> Also, i wonder if does it give a sql connection time out or ASP.NET
> >> timeout?
> >> If it gives a sql connection time out, you must set timeout in your
> >> connection string...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >> Yunus Emre ALPĂ–ZEN
> >>

> >> "Grace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Aquila Deus

Grace wrote:
> Hello,
> I write a Web Application:
> its UI has a DataGrid controller.
> The web application gets huge data from SQL Server,
> then shows the result after processing these data.
>
> It needs much time to run it.
> But, it happened an error after running less than 60 seconds.
> This error didn't explain detail.
> I set
> Server.ScriptTimeout=600;
> <httpRuntime executionTimeout="600" />
> cmd.CommandTimeout=600;
> But, it doesn't work.
> It still has an error in 60 seconds.
>
> How to solve it?

You could run the query in background and put the result into Cache or
Application State.

ASP.NET doesn't provide anything like servlet, but since the
HttpApplication (global.asax) is not restarted per request, you may use
it for the purpose. Just override HttpApplication.Init() to setup a
thread for such tasks.

Extend Web Services Time-Out Mitja Semolic ASP .Net Web Services 1 02-28-2006 06:51 PM
extend alt/title time? zig Javascript 2 02-01-2004 06:11 PM
extend web form Wael Bakr ASP General 1 12-24-2003 02:21 AM
How to Extend Session time Yuriy ASP .Net 4 10-17-2003 03:40 PM

Advertisments