Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Using SciPy in application

Using SciPy in application

Maarten

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:40:14 PM UTC+2, Robert Kern wrote:
> On 2013-04-24 17:04, Roozbeh wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:13:45 AM UTC+2, Roozbeh wrote:

> >> Hi all, I want to use spline interpolation function from SciPy in an application and at the same time, I don't want the end user to have to install SciPy separately. Is there a way around this problem? Thanks in advance for your help

> > Any idea where can I find the recipe for the spline interpolation that does not rely on NumPy and/or SciPy and is written pure Python (no C code)?

> If Google can't find it, it probably doesn't exist. Very few people would do this without numpy.

A trivial 'pure python spline' google search yields this:
http://urchin.earth.li/~twic/splines.py

(Warning: old code, python 2.2 era).

Maarten

Grant Edwards

On 2013-04-24, Roozbeh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I want to use spline interpolation function from SciPy in an
> application and at the same time, I don't want the end user to have
> to install SciPy separately. Is there a way around this problem?

You could bundle you app along with python and SciPy and whatever
other libraries are required using py2exe, py2app, cx_Freeze, Freeze,
etc.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! JAPAN is a WONDERFUL
at planet -- I wonder if we'll