Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: suggestion for a small addition to the Python 3 list class

Re: suggestion for a small addition to the Python 3 list class

Lele Gaifax

"Robert Yacobellis" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I've noticed that the str join() method takes an iterable, so in the
> most general case I'm suggesting to add a join() method to every
> Python-provided iterable (however, for split() vs. join() it would be
> sufficient to just add a join() method to the list class).

That's the reasoning behind the rejection: to be friendly enough, you'd
need to include the "join" method in the "sequence protocol", and
implement it on every "sequence-like" object (be it some kind of
UserList, or a generator, or an interator...)

This question carries several references to the various threads on the
subject:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4...ist-joinstring

ciao, lele.
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) | -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.