Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > [OT] LOL! Blacklisted by yet another Trademe member!

[OT] LOL! Blacklisted by yet another Trademe member!

victor

On 22/04/2013 1:04 a.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:
>> On 21/04/2013 7:49 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
>>> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=583168124

>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Ho-hum.....
>>>

>> Nice to see Bob wading into the fray. Looks like you've started
>> something.

> Excellent. Thanks Bob. I don't know why the guy had to blacklist me unless
> he's intending to list them again without mentioning that they've had the
> whizzers cut out (and the cones painted black - they're usually beige).

It looks like a re-cone.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Donchano wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 16:13:42 +1200, "~misfit~"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Donchano wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> If he hasn't blacklisted me as well, would you like me to copy and
>>> paste what I've snipped into another question for the seller? I
>>> notice that the only times I've been blacklisted by a seller were
>>> when 1) I asked for clarification of a product that turned out to
>>> be a fake, or 2) pointed out a major discrepancy in the product
>>> description.

>> Just go ahead and post it if I were you (the auction's only got a
>> few hours to run).

> I was only allowed 500 characters, so I had to edit it back. Hope it
> meets with your approval. Could be that the seller decides not to
> publish it before the auction closes ...

You worded it perfectly.

Alas, he didn't make it visible to the public.
--
/Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs victor wrote:
> On 22/04/2013 1:04 a.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> Nice to see Bob wading into the fray. Looks like you've started
>>> something.

>> Excellent. Thanks Bob. I don't know why the guy had to blacklist me
>> unless he's intending to list them again without mentioning that
>> they've had the whizzers cut out (and the cones painted black -
>> they're usually beige).

> It looks like a re-cone.

I don't think so. You can see the top of the one in the foreground is still
beige at the suspension. (The suspension on these is a continuation of the
same 'paper' that makes the cone - just with less laminations or fibrous
material deposited in that region.

In the past I've seen clowns cutting whizzers out of older wide-range
speakers to put them into stereos as faux-woofers. Either they don't
understand how these things work or they're trying to fool others.
--
/Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:
> On 22/04/2013 11:02 a.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> I see the last question asked (thanks) has been answered incorrectly.

> No surprise there really is there. Might be time for you to report
> the listing to Trademe... on the basis it is misleading and see if
> they will terminate the sellers account for lying and then
> blacklisting you.

Mate, I've been down that road more than once already with no joy at all,
just frustration.
--
/Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Enkidu

On 22/04/13 11:02, ~misfit~ wrote:

> Therefore I would be very surprised if it 'sang' above 6 KHz or so
> (getting into the upper register of the female singing voice). In
> fact it wouldn't - period. It's whole upper register was removed with
> the whizzer cones.

Probably do for me then. I can no longer hear those frequencies! LOL!

Cheers,

Cliff

Donchano

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 22:29:53 +1200, "~misfit~"
<(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Somewhere on teh intarwebs Donchano wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 16:13:42 +1200, "~misfit~"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>>> Just go ahead and post it if I were you (the auction's only got a
>>> few hours to run).

>> I was only allowed 500 characters, so I had to edit it back. Hope it
>> meets with your approval. Could be that the seller decides not to
>> publish it before the auction closes ...

>You worded it perfectly.
>
>Alas, he didn't make it visible to the public.

It only showed up after the auction closed. Hopefully, potential
buyers have read it and won't be taken in. Cheers

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Donchano wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 22:29:53 +1200, "~misfit~"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Donchano wrote:

[snips]
>>> I was only allowed 500 characters, so I had to edit it back. Hope it
>>> meets with your approval. Could be that the seller decides not to
>>> publish it before the auction closes ...

>> You worded it perfectly.
>>
>> Alas, he didn't make it visible to the public.

> It only showed up after the auction closed. Hopefully, potential
> buyers have read it and won't be taken in. Cheers

Thanks again. I hope that he thinks twice before listing them without
mentioning the missing whizzer cones again.
--

hinton.ca@gmail.com

On Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:49:58 PM UTC+12, ~misfit~ wrote:
> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=583168124
>

> I've caught out quite a few people trying to sell less-than-perfect goods in
>
> the past few years (or making straight-out fraudulent claims) and it's
>
> amazing how many black-list me. <shakes head>
>

> I have no problems with folks selling items that are less-than-perfect as
>
> long as they're honest about it. The guy in the above auction certainly
>
> wasn't - and trying to get an honest answer was like getting blood from a
>
> stone. Finally though I got it.
>

> .... Then I went to suggest that he doesn't list them as being rated at the
>
> full range and in 'good working order' without being honest - only to get
>
> the "You have been blacklisted by this member" message. What's the bet he
>
> lists them again without mentioning that the whizzers have been removed
>
> (likely by some clown who thought they were woofers - as the seller seems to
>
> think they are).
>

> I've mentioned it to Trademe once or twice - similar circs, letting them
>
> know I'm keeping vendors honest and I don't think it's right for them to
>
> blacklist me if they're misrepresenting goods - but of course TM don't want
>
> to know. It annoys me. :-/
>

> Ho-hum.....
>
> --
>
> /Shaun.
>

> "Humans will have advanced a long, long, way when religious belief has a
>
> cozy little classification in the DSM."
>
> David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Yes, just had the same thing happen to me from a trader overpricing something. They don't like to be told they are wrong.

hinton.ca@gmail.com

On Monday, October 7, 2013 9:42:23 AM UTC+13, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:49:58 PM UTC+12, ~misfit~ wrote:
>
> > http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=583168124

> > I've caught out quite a few people trying to sell less-than-perfect goods in

> > the past few years (or making straight-out fraudulent claims) and it's

> > amazing how many black-list me. <shakes head>

> > I have no problems with folks selling items that are less-than-perfect as

> > long as they're honest about it. The guy in the above auction certainly

> > wasn't - and trying to get an honest answer was like getting blood from a

> > stone. Finally though I got it.

> > .... Then I went to suggest that he doesn't list them as being rated at the

> > full range and in 'good working order' without being honest - only to get

> > the "You have been blacklisted by this member" message. What's the bet he

> > lists them again without mentioning that the whizzers have been removed

> > (likely by some clown who thought they were woofers - as the seller seems to

> > think they are).

> > I've mentioned it to Trademe once or twice - similar circs, letting them

> > know I'm keeping vendors honest and I don't think it's right for them to

> > blacklist me if they're misrepresenting goods - but of course TM don't want

> > to know. It annoys me. :-/

> > Ho-hum.....

> > --

> > /Shaun.

> > "Humans will have advanced a long, long, way when religious belief has a

> > cozy little classification in the DSM."

> > David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

> Yes, just had the same thing happen to me from a trader overpricing something. They don't like to be told they are wrong.

Also complained to Trade Me about the offensive reply they posted so Trade Me deleted it.