Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Include and lib files for Visual Studio?

Include and lib files for Visual Studio?

xucaen@gmail.com

I am looking for the Python include and lib files for windows. I have a c++ project that I am importing into Visual Studio 2010 (express) and it links python. I need the include and lib files for windows. Where can I get them?
I'd like to use python 3.3.1 if possible.

I found the msi on python.org but is says they don't include source. I am assuming there is a dev sdk or something similar but can't seem to find it.

Andrew Berg

On 2013.04.20 15:59, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am looking for the Python include and lib files for windows. I have a c++ project that I am importing into Visual Studio 2010 (express) and it links python. I need the include and lib files for windows. Where can I get them?
> I'd like to use python 3.3.1 if possible.

Are they not in the source tarballs or VS debug info files archives on the 3.3.1 download page?
--
CPython 3.3.1 | Windows NT 6.2.9200 / FreeBSD 9.1

David Robinow

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am looking for the Python include and lib files for windows. I have a
> c++ project that I am importing into Visual Studio 2010 (express) and it
> links python. I need the include and lib files for windows. Where can I get
> them?
> I'd like to use python 3.3.1 if possible.
>
> I found the msi on python.org but is says they don't include source. I am
> assuming there is a dev sdk or something similar but can't seem to find it.
>
> You are misinterpreting what you are reading. Install the msi. Look in

C:\Python33\include and C:\Python33\libs

Terry Jan Reedy

> I am looking for the Python include and lib files for windows. I have a c++ project that I am importing into Visual Studio 2010 (express) and it links python. I need the include and lib files for windows. Where can I get them?
> I'd like to use python 3.3.1 if possible.
>
> I found the msi on python.org but is says they don't include source. I am assuming there is a dev sdk or something similar but can't seem to find it.

If you want *everything*, clone hg.python.org/cpython (or something like
that). PCBuild has Windows stuff, including VS .sln files.