Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Convert MP3 to CDA Format

Convert MP3 to CDA Format

Patrick FitzGerald

Can anyone recommend a good program for converting
MP3 format to CDA - preferably free.

Patrick

victor

On 17/04/2013 2:49 p.m., Patrick FitzGerald wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good program for converting
> MP3 format to CDA - preferably free.
>

> Patrick

Burrrn
imgburn
Nero
itunes
Windows Media Player.

Patrick FitzGerald

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:04:48 +1200, victor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 17/04/2013 2:49 p.m., Patrick FitzGerald wrote:
>>

>> Can anyone recommend a good program for converting
>> MP3 format to CDA - preferably free.
>>

>> Patrick
>>

>Burrrn
>imgburn
>Nero
>itunes
>Windows Media Player.

Thank you

Patrick

victor

On 17/04/2013 6:16 p.m., geoff wrote:

> "Patrick FitzGerald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> Can anyone recommend a good program for converting
>> MP3 format to CDA - preferably free.

> Don 't do it. You'll lose a second bunch of sound quality with the
> re-encoding.
>
> geoff

Its pcm, there's no re encoding.

Frank Williams

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 18:16:58 +1200, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Patrick FitzGerald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> Can anyone recommend a good program for converting
>> MP3 format to CDA - preferably free.

>Don 't do it. You'll lose a second bunch of sound quality with the
>re-encoding.
>
>geoff

NOTE: Its all digital just does not happen.

wrote:

>"Patrick FitzGerald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> Can anyone recommend a good program for converting
>> MP3 format to CDA - preferably free.

>Don 't do it. You'll lose a second bunch of sound quality with the
>re-encoding.
>
>geoff

One other thing is I have MP3 CD with 5 CD's volumes on it, you cant
move 5 CD volumes in wave format to a single CD.

Best to get a MP3 CD player.

Patrick FitzGerald

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 09:09:26 +1200, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Patrick FitzGerald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> Can anyone recommend a good program for converting
>> MP3 format to CDA - preferably free.

>If you must, not free is
>http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.h...FUQgpQod7V4AIA
>
>else
>
>http://bit.ly/10hSwMm
>
>geoff

Thank you

Patrick

Frank Williams

wrote:

>"Patrick FitzGerald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> Can anyone recommend a good program for converting
>> MP3 format to CDA - preferably free.

>If you must, not free is
>http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.h...FUQgpQod7V4AIA
>
>else
>
>http://bit.ly/10hSwMm
>
>geoff

Nero does it and its FREE

victor

On 18/04/2013 9:02 a.m., geoff wrote:

> "victor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kklhgt$pd6$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 17/04/2013 6:16 p.m., geoff wrote:
>>>
>>> "Patrick FitzGerald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Don 't do it. You'll lose a second bunch of sound quality with the
>>> re-encoding.
>>>
>>> geoff
>>>

>> Its pcm, there's no re encoding.

> Um no. MP3 is not PCM (well not PCM in the normal linear sense of the term).
> That's why it's only a fraction of the size of the original PCM (or
> CD-Audio) file and has noticable deficiencies and artifacts, the degree
> varying with voracity of the data-reduction (terminal bit-rate).
>
> I guess you could transcode into "WMA Lossless" format which would not loss
> 'quality'. Not sure what the file-size implications are.
>
> As WMA uses a totally different modified discrete transform coding different
> to MP3 , though similar in nature, to turn an MP3 into WMA (other than WMA
> Lossless) requires an additional perceptual- encoding process, which is
> unlikely to reduce the filesize much but will inevitably further damage the
> sound quality. Otherwise you could simply change the file extension !
>
> Best approach is to encode directly from the original PCM files (or audio
> CD if relevant) to WMA. Or transcode the MP3 into WMA Lossless.
>
> This may help:
> http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....le=Transcoding
>
> geoff

Interesting but irrelevant.
The OP HAS mp3 files.
He WANTS a CD, which IS PCM
So there is just a decoding process.
No transcoding, no re encoding, no loss.
I don't know why you were telling him not to do it.

Gordon

On 2013-04-18, victor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 18/04/2013 9:02 a.m., geoff wrote:
>>
>> "victor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:kklhgt$pd6$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Its pcm, there's no re encoding.

>> Um no. MP3 is not PCM (well not PCM in the normal linear sense of the term).
>> That's why it's only a fraction of the size of the original PCM (or
>> CD-Audio) file and has noticable deficiencies and artifacts, the degree
>> varying with voracity of the data-reduction (terminal bit-rate).
>>
>> I guess you could transcode into "WMA Lossless" format which would not loss
>> 'quality'. Not sure what the file-size implications are.
>>
>> As WMA uses a totally different modified discrete transform coding different
>> to MP3 , though similar in nature, to turn an MP3 into WMA (other than WMA
>> Lossless) requires an additional perceptual- encoding process, which is
>> unlikely to reduce the filesize much but will inevitably further damage the
>> sound quality. Otherwise you could simply change the file extension !
>>
>> Best approach is to encode directly from the original PCM files (or audio
>> CD if relevant) to WMA. Or transcode the MP3 into WMA Lossless.
>>
>> This may help:
>> http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....le=Transcoding
>>
>> geoff
>>

> Interesting but irrelevant.
> The OP HAS mp3 files.
> He WANTS a CD, which IS PCM
> So there is just a decoding process.

You decode a file to get it back to some useful for human interaction, ie
music, probably in this case.

Saving the file as some else does require "conversion", otherwise why is an
MP3 file not the same as PCM?

Just being picky

> No transcoding, no re encoding,

Transcoding is decoding followed by encoding yes?