Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Preparing sqlite, dl and tkinter for Python installation (noadmin rights)

Re: Preparing sqlite, dl and tkinter for Python installation (noadmin rights)

Terry Jan Reedy

On 4/16/2013 10:30 AM, rosoloum wrote:
> I do not have admin rights on my machine

The answer to your question may depend on the OS (linux), distribution
(many), and version.

> What about `_tkinter` and `dl`? How can I have them ready for the Python
> installer?

Building _tkinter (a Python C-coded module) requires tcl/tk and header
files. Some distros have a separate python sdk kit with the headers not
included with tcl/tk.