Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Getting photos from a friend with a Mac

Re: Getting photos from a friend with a Mac

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Jennifer
Murphy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> We have some friends who we travel with from time to time. The friend
> often gets some good photos, that I don't get.
>
> She sends them to me, but they come as embedded in the email, not as
> attachments. When I try to save them on my hard disk, they are very low
> resolution (640 x 480 pixels).
>
> I assume that's all the resolution there is in the embedded email image,
> like a thumbnail.

they were downsized for emailing, which is a good thing to do.

nobody wants multi-megabyte attachments, and depending on the camera,
it could be *really* big.

> I would love to get copies of her original photos, but I don't know
> anything about the Mac and she is barely able to read her email.

what do you mean she is barely able to read her email? is she visually
impaired?

> Can anyone suggest a way for her to send me her photos? Ideally it would
> involve uploading them to some file sharing site, but I'm afraid she
> won't be able to get that to work.

same answers as last time. dropbox, instant messaging, personal web
space, etc.

> She lives a bit of a distance away, so it's not feasible for me to just
> go over there every time she has some photos to share. Is there an easy
> way for her to share her desktop with me on my PC so I could walk her
> through the process -- assuming that I can figure out the Mac?

she could do it the old fashioned way, put them on a dvd and mail it.

Murphy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> I would love to get copies of her original photos, but I don't know
> >> anything about the Mac and she is barely able to read her email.

> >what do you mean she is barely able to read her email? is she visually
> >impaired?

> She really doesn't understand the computer. I think she had the guys at
> the Apple store show her how to get email and that's about all she knows
> how to do. Her vision is fine. It's her technical comprehension (and
> interest).

have her ask them the question. they'll explain how to do it. that's
what they do. they might even have a class on it.