Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Smart Phone Weather

Smart Phone Weather

Patrick FitzGerald

I have a Samsung galaxy mobile phone and note that it gives the
present temperature for Ashburton as 21 degrees. But the NZ
Metrological site gives the temperature as 25.1 degrees.

I have also noted that at times I get a temperature reading from
places which do not have a metrological station.

My question is where does Samsung get its weather information from?

Patrick

Me

On 15/04/2013 2:29 p.m., Patrick FitzGerald wrote:

> I have a Samsung galaxy mobile phone and note that it gives the
> present temperature for Ashburton as 21 degrees. But the NZ
> Metrological site gives the temperature as 25.1 degrees.
>
> I have also noted that at times I get a temperature reading from
> places which do not have a metrological station.
>
> My question is where does Samsung get its weather information from?

Lord Christopher Monckton

Gordon

On 2013-04-15, Patrick FitzGerald <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a Samsung galaxy mobile phone and note that it gives the
> present temperature for Ashburton as 21 degrees. But the NZ
> Metrological site gives the temperature as 25.1 degrees.
>
> I have also noted that at times I get a temperature reading from
> places which do not have a metrological station.
>
> My question is where does Samsung get its weather information from?

Now here is a thought, it might just be from the nasty Nats.

Enkidu

On 15/04/13 14:29, Patrick FitzGerald wrote:

> I have a Samsung galaxy mobile phone and note that it gives the
> present temperature for Ashburton as 21 degrees. But the NZ
> Metrological site gives the temperature as 25.1 degrees.
>
> I have also noted that at times I get a temperature reading from
> places which do not have a metrological station.
>
> My question is where does Samsung get its weather information from?

Weather stations at the cell site, perhaps?

Cheers,

Cliff

Frank Williams

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 14:29:09 +1200, Patrick FitzGerald <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a Samsung galaxy mobile phone and note that it gives the
>present temperature for Ashburton as 21 degrees. But the NZ
>Metrological site gives the temperature as 25.1 degrees.
>
>I have also noted that at times I get a temperature reading from
>places which do not have a metrological station.
>
>My question is where does Samsung get its weather information from?
>

>Patrick

Get a better Weather program, the US ones are no good, I am using the
simple Asus.apk one that comes with my Chinese Tablet.