Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Does anyone have a previously posted link: Alternate way to createdeployable jar file

Does anyone have a previously posted link: Alternate way to createdeployable jar file

clusardi2k@aol.com

Hello,

About last August I posted a link to an alternative way (on Internet) to create a deployable jar file. The description bypassed creating the standard way using a Manifest file. The alternative way modified a XML file etc. Does anyone have the specific step by step details or link.

Thanks,

markspace

On 4/10/2013 11:30 AM, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> About last August I posted a link to an alternative way (on Internet)
> to create a deployable jar file. The description bypassed creating
> the standard way using a Manifest file. The alternative way modified
> a XML file etc. Does anyone have the specific step by step details or
> link.

I don't know what the alternate way is/was, but the standard tools use
both the manifest file and sometimes an external XML file in the form of
a JNLP file:

<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/>

There's probably some hints there how to get started again. A little
more specific information beyond "about last August" would be helpful if
you need specifics from us.