Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Firefox & Chase website - can no longer access

Firefox & Chase website - can no longer access

Joe J

Using Firefox and have had no problems for years, but all of sudden I can't
access Chase.com to check my charge cards. Works fine on Chrome and IE, but
those aren't my browsers of choice.

I get the error message "the connection to the server was reset while the
page was loading".

I have cleaned history & cache. Anybody have any ideas? I tried turning
off my firewall, but that didn't help either.

I haven't loaded any new programs or made any security adjustments, so I'm
stumped.

Jeff Strickland

Me thinks you need to call Chase.

I had a different problem yesterday, but related in that I'll relate...

I have several verizon.net e-mail accounts. Yesterday, 04/09/13, one of them
stopped accepting the password. I received an email at about 9:50, then
after that time my phone started having a hissy fit that the password was
not accepted. Only one of the three accounts was affected.

The problem was at verizon or Yahoo, which hosts the verizon email servers.
I was really stumped by the issue, and a call to Tech Support stumped the
girl I got on the phone. She worked with me for well over an hour, then took
the issue to a guy with a magic wand and some fairy dust. He said that when
I log on, my password must authenticate with Verizon for web access, and
with Yahoo for mail service. Something happened with one of my three
accounts and the password would not authenticate properly.

I suspect your issue is of a similar nature, there is something wrong with
the servers at Chase. They see your access with two or three web clients,
but not with the one you want to use. This is sorta like my email accounts
that would autnenticate with some accounts but not with another.

Call Chase tech support and explain that you can use some browsers to get
into your accounts, but you cannot use other browsers. My guess is they have
something wrong on their side, the problem is not you.

news:kk43fm$904$(E-Mail Removed)...