Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Really throwing this out there - does anyone have a copy of my oldDancer web browser?

Really throwing this out there - does anyone have a copy of my oldDancer web browser?

steven.miale@gmail.com

About... er, a few years ago (1994!) I wrote a very basic web browser called Dancer. My FTP site at Indiana is long gone. Grail is based on at least some of the ideas of Dancer (but not the code itself.)

I'm wondering if anyone perchance has a copy of the code. I know it will not run in any recent version of Python; it's just for my records.

Thanks,

Steve

Chris Angelico

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:03 AM, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> About... er, a few years ago (1994!) I wrote a very basic web browser called Dancer. My FTP site at Indiana is long gone. Grail is based on at least some of the ideas of Dancer (but not the code itself.)
>
> I'm wondering if anyone perchance has a copy of the code. I know it will not run in any recent version of Python; it's just for my records.

Have you tried the Wayback Machine at http://www.archive.org/ ? They
mainly crawl HTTP, not FTP, so it's a bit of a long shot, but if you
remember the address you had it hosted at, it's worth a try!

Alas, back in 1994 I wasn't doing much on the internet. We'd put
together our own LAN by that time, but our uplink was over a modem and
not shared to all computers. Wasn't for a few more years after that
that I actually really got a usable connection, much less got involved
in things like this. So I can't help any more than that, sorry.

ChrisA