Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Sanyo problem with remote

Reply
Thread Tools

Sanyo problem with remote

 
 
Dave Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-08-2013
"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:kjtdi0$u0a$(E-Mail Removed):

> The top dot going up goes 1 2 3 4 5
>
> The bottom dot going down goes 3 2 1 0 AV1 (for tape) AV2 for
> Freeview
> (box)
> AV2 is the one I want.
>
> I would never have guessed that in a million years.


Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

I purchased a Logitech Universal Remote years ago and it has "Activities"
I click on watch TV, or DVD etc as needed and it presses all the correct
buttons for the stereo, the T-Box, the TV, the DVD, and my media player as
needed. Probably total overkill for you, but I think it is the easiest
remote to use ever made.

--
Ciao, Dave
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Frank Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-08-2013
On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 09:42:09 +1200, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set box
>stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
>
>I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new setbox.
>I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and their
>help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
>
>The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in here.
>He "doesn't know how it was set up"
>.He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
>working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and the
>remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There doesn't
>seem to be a button on the box itself.
>
>Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
>instruction book with the box.
>
>Any ideas please?
>
>Geopelia
>



I had one of those sold by the Warehouse some years back they are Old
and No support at all, it did lockup now and again but not that often,
just re plug it.


I don't thing it supports Analog, I have a Cheap PVR works well but also
no Analog support.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave Doe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-08-2013
In article <kjtdi0$u0a$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), geopelia
says...
>
> "Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> > In article <kjt5oo$o2h$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), geopelia
> > says...
> >>
> >> "Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> >> > In article <kjsvh1$o8n$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), geopelia
> >> > says...
> >> >>
> >> >> "Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> >> >> > In article <kjsp2m$fjl$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed),
> >> >> > geopelia
> >> >> > says...
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the
> >> >> >> set
> >> >> >> box
> >> >> >> stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the
> >> >> >> new
> >> >> >> setbox.
> >> >> >> I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand,
> >> >> >> and
> >> >> >> their
> >> >> >> help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call
> >> >> >> in
> >> >> >> here.
> >> >> >> He "doesn't know how it was set up"
> >> >> >> .He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box
> >> >> >> power
> >> >> >> working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem
> >> >> >> happened
> >> >> >> and
> >> >> >> the
> >> >> >> remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back.
> >> >> >> There
> >> >> >> doesn't
> >> >> >> seem to be a button on the box itself.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get
> >> >> >> an
> >> >> >> instruction book with the box.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> Any ideas please?
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> Geopelia
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Got nothing to do with the Sanyo - this is about getting your TV
> >> >> > onto
> >> >> > the set box "channel". So looking at your TV remote, check for a
> >> >> > "channel" change button - like AV, or HDMI etc. And just go through
> >> >> > those. Ensure your set top box is on so you'll know when you've got
> >> >> > it
> >> >> > right!
> >> >>
> >> >> I tried that, it's all "no signal".
> >> >>
> >> >> >
> >> >> > You might be able to get a hint yourself, by checking the
> >> >> > input/output
> >> >> > leads from the set top freeview box to your TV - what "line" is it
> >> >> > plugged into on your TV - it should have a name - that's the
> >> >> > "channel"
> >> >> > you want to select on your TV remote.
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >> Thank you. I tried AV, which just shows "video". Pressing a station
> >> >> shows
> >> >> "no signal"
> >> >>
> >> >> On the box, red and white are plugged into 'audio'
> >> >> Yellow is into 'component'
> >> >>
> >> >> On the TV set all three are into EOEO-AV2 Yellow on left, white
> >> >> middle,
> >> >> red
> >> >> on right.
> >> >>
> >> >> I've got a button on the TV remote 0 That doesn't work
> >> >> AV
> >> >>
> >> >> I don't have an AV2 button. I've got 2
> >> >> ABC
> >> >
> >> > Since it's pluggee into EOEO-AV2, if you keep pressing AV on your TV
> >> > remote, I'm thinking it should change to AV (1), and then if you press
> >> > it again, to AV2. And that should be it.
> >>
> >> Do you mean what is shown on the TV screen? That still shows '0 Video'
> >> every time.

> >
> > Yes, the TV screen, using the TV remote (this is not a skybox issue).
> > This is chaning your TV input mode so it's on the input for the sky box.
> > Do you still have your TV manual? If so, read it!
> >

> I've got it, but the TV is very old, well before Sky and these setbox things
> were invented.
> It's on its second remote, the old one wore out.


As said, and as you now know, nothing to do with Sky or Freeview
machines, this is understanding your TV and its remote.

> ...........................
> The TV man has just called
>
> On the TV remote there is a circle thing with four dots and OK The side
> dots do the volume.
>
> The top dot going up goes 1 2 3 4 5
>
> The bottom dot going down goes 3 2 1 0 AV1 (for tape) AV2 for Freeview
> (box)
> AV2 is the one I want.
>
> I would never have guessed that in a million years.


Well I think you should have . Afterall, it's just a matter of
getting the remote to change the TV to AV2 input - which we've concluded
is the input for the Freeview box.

If it's more convenient, you could put the plugs from the AV2 input into
the AV1 input - it should save you one keypress on the remote. But
(guessing) you may already have something on the AV1 input on the TV,
such as a really old VCR! - or maybe a later DVD player. If so,
don't **** with it If you know now how to get to AV2, then I'd
suggest you stick with it

>
> I had a look at the Loewe manual but that is years old and shows the old
> remote, nothing like the new one.


I'm guesing it's a third party remote.

> And I thought computers were complicated enough!
> Dumb, aren't I?
> I wonder what will happen when the government switches the old TV off and
> this new box plays up.
> But I will cross that bridge when I get to it.


I wouldn't worry too much - if your TV "respects" the settings it's been
set at (AV2), it will start on AV2 - so you won't need to change
anything. If it starts up on TV mode, perhaps you should get a new TV
40" widescreen's are cheap now, and have the correct aspect ratio.
Does your old Loewe have the correct aspect ratio? (is it "widescreen")?

--
Duncan.
 
Reply With Quote
 
geopelia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-08-2013

"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 09:42:09 +1200, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set box
>>stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
>>
>>I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new
>>setbox.
>>I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and
>>their
>>help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
>>
>>The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in
>>here.
>>He "doesn't know how it was set up"
>>.He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
>>working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and
>>the
>>remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There
>>doesn't
>>seem to be a button on the box itself.
>>
>>Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
>>instruction book with the box.
>>
>>Any ideas please?
>>
>>Geopelia
>>

>
>
> I had one of those sold by the Warehouse some years back they are Old
> and No support at all, it did lockup now and again but not that often,
> just re plug it.
>
>
> I don't think it supports Analog, I have a Cheap PVR works well but also
> no Analog support.
>
>


The TV firm is still installing them.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Enkidu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-08-2013
On 09/04/13 10:16, geopelia wrote:
>
>> I had one of those sold by the Warehouse some years back they are Old
>> and No support at all, it did lockup now and again but not that often,
>> just re plug it.
>>
>>
>> I don't think it supports Analog, I have a Cheap PVR works well but also
>> no Analog support.

>
> The TV firm is still installing them.
>

My advice is to ignore Roger AKA Frank.

Cheers,

Cliff

 
Reply With Quote
 
Frank Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-08-2013
On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 10:23:28 +1200, Enkidu
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 09/04/13 10:16, geopelia wrote:
>>
>>> I had one of those sold by the Warehouse some years back they are Old
>>> and No support at all, it did lockup now and again but not that often,
>>> just re plug it.
>>>
>>>
>>> I don't think it supports Analog, I have a Cheap PVR works well but also
>>> no Analog support.

>>
>> The TV firm is still installing them.
>>

>My advice is to ignore Roger AKA Frank.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Cliff




What a Idiot you are its a Dumpt product some one brought a job lot and
selling the for heaps.


And has NILL support Take it back.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Frank Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-08-2013
On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 10:16:04 +1200, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>
>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 09:42:09 +1200, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set box
>>>stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
>>>
>>>I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new
>>>setbox.
>>>I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and
>>>their
>>>help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
>>>
>>>The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in
>>>here.
>>>He "doesn't know how it was set up"
>>>.He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
>>>working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and
>>>the
>>>remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There
>>>doesn't
>>>seem to be a button on the box itself.
>>>
>>>Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
>>>instruction book with the box.
>>>
>>>Any ideas please?
>>>
>>>Geopelia
>>>

>>
>>
>> I had one of those sold by the Warehouse some years back they are Old
>> and No support at all, it did lockup now and again but not that often,
>> just re plug it.
>>
>>
>> I don't think it supports Analog, I have a Cheap PVR works well but also
>> no Analog support.
>>
>>

>
>The TV firm is still installing them.
>




Yes you got conned its a obsolete product, no support at all.

Get a cheap $70 Transonic they work and have NZ support Plus online
updates.





 
Reply With Quote
 
Frank Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-09-2013
On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 21:27:51 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 9/04/2013 5:17 p.m., geopelia wrote:
>
>>
>> It's not fair to name the firm here, as you may be wrong.

>
>Frank/Woger/Roger is generally wrong[1]. A significant proportion of
>the products he labels as "crap" are either very good or best-of-breed.
> Ignore him completely and save the worry and stress his delusional
>drivel tends to impart.
>
>[1] A long time ago (1970s?) he was reputedly a mainframe computer
>engineer. That career was apparently ended by early-onset senile
>dementia, which also explains his current posturings and abusive attitude.




Under the current New Zealander laws I intent to report this posting to
the Police and I do hope that they will lock you away for a long long
time..

 
Reply With Quote
 
Frank Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-09-2013
On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 17:17:23 +1200, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>
>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 10:16:04 +1200, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>>> On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 09:42:09 +1200, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set
>>>>>box
>>>>>stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
>>>>>
>>>>>I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new
>>>>>setbox.
>>>>>I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and
>>>>>their
>>>>>help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
>>>>>
>>>>>The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in
>>>>>here.
>>>>>He "doesn't know how it was set up"
>>>>>.He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
>>>>>working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and
>>>>>the
>>>>>remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There
>>>>>doesn't
>>>>>seem to be a button on the box itself.
>>>>>
>>>>>Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
>>>>>instruction book with the box.
>>>>>
>>>>>Any ideas please?
>>>>>
>>>>>Geopelia
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I had one of those sold by the Warehouse some years back they are Old
>>>> and No support at all, it did lockup now and again but not that often,
>>>> just re plug it.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I don't think it supports Analog, I have a Cheap PVR works well but also
>>>> no Analog support.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>The TV firm is still installing them.
>>>

>>
>>
>>
>> Yes you got conned its a obsolete product, no support at all.
>>
>> Get a cheap $70 Transonic they work and have NZ support Plus online
>> updates.
>>

>
>
>
>I'll see what "Consumer" has to say. If you are right there is always "Fair
>Go".
>But it may just be a settling down problem, we shall see.
>
>It's not fair to name the firm here, as you may be wrong.




NOT WRONG AS I HAD ONE OF THESE MYSELF.


 
Reply With Quote
 
geopelia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2013

"geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>
> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kjsvh1$o8n$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> I wonder how many other people are as baffled as I am.
>> Am I just dumb?
>> This government needs shooting changing a simple system.

>
>
> And cars should not be allowed on public roadways !
>
>
> The "set top box" for Freeview is just a separate device like a DVD or
> Video Tape machine. You 'simply' have to know how to select it on you TV.
>
> geoff - not the sort of person who says "I told you so", but I told you so
>


The TV man showed me. It's very complicated.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recover Lost Data on A Sanyo Mobile - Sanyo M1 Nho Whei NZ Computing 0 01-10-2008 03:52 AM
Remote Assistance fails to connect, remote remote host name could not be resolved Peter Sale Wireless Networking 1 12-11-2004 09:09 PM
Can I record from Sanyo Cassett Recorder to computer ? Mick. Computer Support 8 11-21-2004 08:22 AM
Making Ringtones for Sanyo RL2000 (Sprint PCS phone) Sens Fan Happy In Ohio Computer Support 0 06-27-2004 01:28 AM
Sanyo SCP 8100(s) stumpy Computer Support 1 02-20-2004 03:26 AM



Advertisments