Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Re: Class browser for C++?

Re: Class browser for C++?

Jorgen Grahn

On Wed, 2013-04-03, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Andy Champ <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>On 02/04/2013 01:03, Ed Anson wrote:
>>> So: Any suggestions?

>>The only class browsing I ever do is using the one in Visual Studio.
>>
>>But most often I go and look at the <censored> great picture on the wall
>>with our class diagram on it in UML, reverse engineered with Enterprise
>>Architect.
>>
>>I'd hoped that specifying a platform would stop anyone feeding you a
>>Mac-only tool when you were Linux, or something like that. But it looks
>>as though no-one has any at all

> I tend to use doxygen, which is pretty much platform independent and has
> the ability to annotate classes, members and inheritence diagrams.

I like and use Doxygen[1], but a reminder: it's pretty far from what
the OP asked for. I don't know exactly what a "class browser" is, but
he seemed to focus a lot on modifying the code, from an interface
which isn't a traditional text editor.

/Jorgen

[1] But more often use pen and paper.

--