Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Threading within a GUI and OpenCV

Threading within a GUI and OpenCV

Sam Berry

Hey,

I'm fairly new to python, and have had no experience with threading.

Iv made a small GUI App using the kivy module and OpenCV, i have currently got a button that when pressed runs a function that records from my webcam for 20 seconds.

However i have two other buttons, that when pressed i want to stop the recording. However when the button to record has been pressed the App freezes until the recording function has finished.

I have read that threading can be used to run a function as a deamon? so that other functions can be ran simultaneously?

I was just wondering if this would be the way to go, or if there are alternative routes?

A snippet from my code can be seen at (http://pastebin.com/9uFRjkgV) with a failed attempt of using threading!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Sam

OpenCV and WIFI IP Camera Issue Sam Berry Python 1 02-14-2013 06:12 PM
openCV and ruby Mehdi Karamnejad Ruby 1 04-16-2010 08:21 AM
openCV and ogre3d aneuryzma C++ 1 06-20-2008 07:54 PM
Wanted: binary of OpenCV Python extension module for Windows Claudio Grondi Python 1 12-21-2005 09:33 AM
Python OpenCV wrapper Claudio Grondi Python 0 09-06-2005 02:12 PM

Advertisments