Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Need help troubleshooting - ASP form handler dropping request.

Reply
Thread Tools

Need help troubleshooting - ASP form handler dropping request.

 
 
bhushan.kharabe@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-02-2013
Hi,

I am web development novice. I want to upload some files to web server frommy windows application. I have written a classic asp form handler and deployed it on IIS 7(Windows 2008 Server R2). The windows application posts form to this handler and the handler saves file on the web server file system.

All is fine till the traffic is low. My files are getting saved on the server fine. But as soon as the traffic increases, some of my requests are getting dropped, that is my files are not getting saved. I have logging in my handler and that is not getting invoked. Also I do not see any log for theserequests in the W3SVC logs.

I put wireshark on the web server and monitored the network traffic. I do see that even for the requests that are being dropped, the request is reaching the web server machine. Some how it is getting dropped by IIS.

I played around with the ASP limits on IIS. Increased the timeouts, maximumrequest body limit, buffering limit etc., but to no avail. Right now it seems i have hit a wall.

As the requests are reaching the web server, I am suspecting my IIS is not properly set and is dropping some requests. Can someone please suggest me how I can proceed with the troubleshooting the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bhushan
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Evertjan.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-02-2013
Bhushan wrote on 03 apr 2013 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I am web development novice. I want to upload some files to web server
> from my windows application. I have written a classic asp form handler
> and deployed it on IIS 7(Windows 2008 Server R2). The windows
> application posts form to this handler and the handler saves file on
> the web server file system.
>
> All is fine till the traffic is low. My files are getting saved on the
> server fine. But as soon as the traffic increases, some of my requests
> are getting dropped, that is my files are not getting saved. I have
> logging in my handler and that is not getting invoked. Also I do not
> see any log for these requests in the W3SVC logs.
>
> I put wireshark on the web server and monitored the network traffic. I
> do see that even for the requests that are being dropped, the request
> is reaching the web server machine. Some how it is getting dropped by
> IIS.
>
> I played around with the ASP limits on IIS. Increased the timeouts,
> maximum request body limit, buffering limit etc., but to no avail.
> Right now it seems i have hit a wall.
>
> As the requests are reaching the web server, I am suspecting my IIS is
> not properly set and is dropping some requests. Can someone please
> suggest me how I can proceed with the troubleshooting the issue?


This is not an ASP but a platform [iis] issue, different NG, meseems.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
(Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Event Handler that creates adds another event handler kaczmar2@gmail.com ASP .Net 1 02-22-2007 07:37 AM
Wireless dropping troubleshooting slashdrew@gmail.com Wireless Networking 1 03-20-2006 07:29 PM
how do u invoke Tag b's Tag Handler from within Tag a's tag Handler? shruds Java 1 01-27-2006 03:00 AM
ADSL Dropping But not Dropping!! Chris Bales Computer Support 9 08-29-2004 06:25 PM
Need help troubleshooting asp error on XP Terri ASP General 3 11-18-2003 12:26 AM



Advertisments