Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Triangle on Digital

Triangle on Digital

Frank Williams

On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 21:57:23 +1300, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <kj83es$mbr$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), geopelia
>says...
>>
>> "Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > A very BAD Move,.
>> >
>> > A Full HD digital TV would be far better, clearer picture better
>> > resolution and no cut off screen.
>> >
>> > Gee they even had 32" ones that other day for $400+ Never ever get one
>> > from the Warehouse as they are not IPS screens only TFT low brightness
>> > and contrast and a short viewing angle
>> >
>> > But for a 29" CRT you need a 40" LCD to replace it

>> We've got a great TV, a Loewe.CRT. Had it for years.

>As good as it may be, is it widescreen? Even if it is, the picture
>quality of the LCD screens now is superior to CRT. LCD screens are also
>*much* larger and *much* lighter.
>
>It's a bit like saying I own a forty year old quality gramaphone.

Problems with CRT TV's is the colour tracking the guns ware out and that
you get a colour cast, geometric problems and low resolution..

Robin Halligan

"Frank Williams" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>Yes it was in its days but its worth less now, and the colors would have
>faded its only a CRT 4:3 screen with low resolution, time to get rid of
>it.

So are you going to buy her a new Telly?

Frank Williams

On Mon, 1 Apr 2013 18:40:50 +1300, "Robin Halligan"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Frank Williams" wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>

>>Yes it was in its days but its worth less now, and the colors would have
>>faded its only a CRT 4:3 screen with low resolution, time to get rid of
>>it.

>So are you going to buy her a new Telly?

No they have more money than me and I think from the comments well off.

geopelia

"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 1 Apr 2013 18:40:50 +1300, "Robin Halligan"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"Frank Williams" wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>

>>>Yes it was in its days but its worth less now, and the colors would have
>>>faded its only a CRT 4:3 screen with low resolution, time to get rid of
>>>it.

>>So are you going to buy her a new Telly?

> No they have more money than me and I think from the comments well off.

I'm living on the single pension. My savings may last till I'm ninety but I
wouldn't bet on it.
Just hoping not too many things break down, they are all getting old, like
me.

I grew up before TV, and our first was a small black and white one.
So I don't want an enormous one, like the folks today.

geopelia

"geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kj83es$mbr$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> But for a 29" CRT you need a 40" LCD to replace it

>> We've got a great TV, a Loewe.CRT. Had it for years.

> If you tried something newer you'd probably realise that it's actually not
> that great at all. Especially when your low resolution is dropped even
> further to crop to fit wide screen pictures.
>
> I fix Loewe TVs. I do know.
>
> geoff

You would know our model,
I think its called Cantus.

geopelia

"geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kj83pt$nlf$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> I used to like "Town and Around". I wonder if they will ever bring it
>> back.
>> But I expect most of the folks there are now retired or dead.

> Keith Bracey died decades ago !
>
> geoff

Is Barbara Magner still around?

Frank Williams

On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 08:32:35 +1300, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:55:55 +1300, Mutley
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Correct. Triangle / Face "The Face of public broadcasting" is only
>>>on pay TV Sky and analog in Auckland until shutdown on Dec 01 then
>>>only on Sky.. So much for "The Face of public broadcasting.."

>>And TVNZ is shutting down the BBC broadcast.

>True?? If so I guess I'll have to take to downloading "Click"
>again..

Here is the Info on it

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10874041

This country is falling apart.

Frank Williams

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 08:57:13 +1300, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:kjbg6f$mm5$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 1/04/2013 8:22 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:

>>> No they have more money than me and I think from the comments well off.
>>>

>> How do you come to that conclusion Woger? They have 1 CRT TV that they
>> are disinclined to upgrade on the grounds of cost,

>If they ever bought a Loewe, they certainly at one stage had more disposable
>cash than most of us.
>
>geoff

Plus the Car they have..?

Frank Williams

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 09:01:58 +1300, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:kjbren$8cl$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> I grew up before TV, and our first was a small black and white one.
>> So I don't want an enormous one, like the folks today.

>But Geo, that would seem to be "in principle" rather than for realistic
>grounds.
>
>With any widescreen pictures (and anything made in the last 5 years pretty
>much is widescreen), your already low picture resolution just got even
>worse.
>
>And Sky I say is worth it if nothing else just for BBC Knowledge channel, UK
>TV, and a few others !
>
>On regular TV (Freeview) Prime seems to have taken over as main purveyor of
>quality drama and documentaries. But TV One is making a token fightback.
>That's not to say that there is something free worthwhile watching every day
>of the week though .....
>

>geoff

You seem to have forgoten Choise..?

Enkidu

On 02/04/13 02:50, EMB wrote:
> On 2/04/2013 12:38 a.m., geopelia wrote:
>

>> I'm living on the single pension.

> This statement made me realise that I have obviously missed the passing
> of your beloved "hubby". A quick trawl through the obituaries on the NZ
> Herald site confirmed this. Please accept my belated condolences and
> sympathy for your loss.

I'll second that. Sorry to hear about it.

Cheers,

Cliff

cisco 1721 triangle whit 2 cisco 800 over isdn 128k Himselff Cisco 4 06-27-2005 12:42 PM
Load balancing over WAN triangle Will Cisco 3 02-22-2005 07:00 PM
Button Click events going into Bermuda Triangle, news at 10 Michael Johnson Jr. ASP .Net 2 12-11-2003 07:36 AM
2x2950 + 3745 in triangle Bartek Cisco 1 11-01-2003 08:07 PM
Sample config. for 827 on Sympatico HighSpeed or Golden Triangle? Brad Cisco 0 07-11-2003 03:44 AM

Advertisments