Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Triangle on Digital

Triangle on Digital

geopelia

"geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

> "Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:55:07 +1300, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:kj38cm$5mc$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>You have Freeview ? Push the "Program Guide" button - it will show you
>>>all
>>>the channels that are available.
>>>
>>>geoff
>>>

>> Just do a Channel list, but I think you will find is no longer on
>> Freeview been moved to Sky.

> But apparently the 'TV Man' got it from somewhere. May have been being
> broadcast as a filler on another (Freeview) channel. Or he may have been
> simply looking at it on analogue.
>
> Geo - have you tried tuning the analogue channels on your TV? Is it a new
> TV with Freeview built-in ? Or is it a stand-alone Freeview tuner on your
> old TV ?
>
> If the latter, has he installed an antenna cable through from the Freeview
> box to the TV? You'd need that to tune the old analogue channels directly
> on your old TV.
>
> If a new TV with built-in Freeview, then there with be a selection for ATV
> or DTV.
>
> Or tried asking the TV Man ?
>
> cheers
>
> g.

It's one of those box things. He did a lot of stuff with cables at the back
of the set.
Now I can get the old TV and the new digital.

I'll ask the TV man what channel it was. If I fiddle with anything I could
mess the whole thing up.
I've got the old remote and a new one for the digital, so I can still get
Triangle on the old one.

Frank Williams

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:55:55 +1300, Mutley
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:55:07 +1300, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:kj38cm$5mc$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>You have Freeview ? Push the "Program Guide" button - it will show you all
>>>the channels that are available.
>>>
>>>geoff
>>>

>>Just do a Channel list, but I think you will find is no longer on
>>Freeview been moved to Sky.

>Correct. Triangle / Face "The Face of public broadcasting" is only
>on pay TV Sky and analog in Auckland until shutdown on Dec 01 then
>only on Sky.. So much for "The Face of public broadcasting.."

And TVNZ is shutting down the BBC broadcast.

Frank Williams

On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 00:15:22 +1300, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>>
>> "Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Just do a Channel list, but I think you will find is no longer on
>>> Freeview been moved to Sky.

>> But apparently the 'TV Man' got it from somewhere. May have been being
>> broadcast as a filler on another (Freeview) channel. Or he may have been
>> simply looking at it on analogue.
>>
>> Geo - have you tried tuning the analogue channels on your TV? Is it a new
>> TV with Freeview built-in ? Or is it a stand-alone Freeview tuner on your
>> old TV ?
>>
>> If the latter, has he installed an antenna cable through from the Freeview
>> box to the TV? You'd need that to tune the old analogue channels directly
>> on your old TV.
>>
>> If a new TV with built-in Freeview, then there with be a selection for ATV
>> or DTV.
>>
>> Or tried asking the TV Man ?
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> g.
>>

>It's one of those box things. He did a lot of stuff with cables at the back
>of the set.
>Now I can get the old TV and the new digital.
>
>I'll ask the TV man what channel it was. If I fiddle with anything I could
>mess the whole thing up.
>I've got the old remote and a new one for the digital, so I can still get
>Triangle on the old one.

A very BAD Move,.

A Full HD digital TV would be far better, clearer picture better
resolution and no cut off screen.

Gee they even had 32" ones that other day for $400+ Never ever get one
from the Warehouse as they are not IPS screens only TFT low brightness
and contrast and a short viewing angle

But for a 29" CRT you need a 40" LCD to replace it

geopelia

"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 00:15:22 +1300, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>"geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>>
>>> "Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> But apparently the 'TV Man' got it from somewhere. May have been being
>>> broadcast as a filler on another (Freeview) channel. Or he may have
>>> been
>>> simply looking at it on analogue.
>>>
>>> Geo - have you tried tuning the analogue channels on your TV? Is it a
>>> new
>>> TV with Freeview built-in ? Or is it a stand-alone Freeview tuner on
>>> your
>>> old TV ?
>>>
>>> If the latter, has he installed an antenna cable through from the
>>> Freeview
>>> box to the TV? You'd need that to tune the old analogue channels
>>> directly
>>> on your old TV.
>>>
>>> If a new TV with built-in Freeview, then there with be a selection for
>>> ATV
>>> or DTV.
>>>
>>> Or tried asking the TV Man ?
>>>
>>> cheers
>>>
>>> g.
>>>

>>It's one of those box things. He did a lot of stuff with cables at the
>>back
>>of the set.
>>Now I can get the old TV and the new digital.
>>
>>I'll ask the TV man what channel it was. If I fiddle with anything I could
>>mess the whole thing up.
>>I've got the old remote and a new one for the digital, so I can still get
>>Triangle on the old one.
>>

> A very BAD Move,.
>
> A Full HD digital TV would be far better, clearer picture better
> resolution and no cut off screen.
>
> Gee they even had 32" ones that other day for $400+ Never ever get one
> from the Warehouse as they are not IPS screens only TFT low brightness
> and contrast and a short viewing angle
>
> But for a 29" CRT you need a 40" LCD to replace it

We've got a great TV, a Loewe.CRT. Had it for years.

I don't buy anything from the Warehouse since they closed the Link Drive
branch.
The nearest now are Albany, or Milford which is now at the back of a huge
Mall. They must have lost a lot of sales, moving away from the entrance.
The items I want are usually out of stock anyway, "Jam yesterday, jam
tomorrow but never jam today" seems to be their idea.
So why waste the time? I signed up for getting stuff delivered, but it's the
same story there.
If they open a local branch again I'll go now and then. Otherwise it's not
worth the bother.

But it's best to go to a proper retailer for anything electrical, for the
installation and after sales service.
Quality pays in the end.

geopelia

"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:55:55 +1300, Mutley
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Just do a Channel list, but I think you will find is no longer on
>>>Freeview been moved to Sky.

>>Correct. Triangle / Face "The Face of public broadcasting" is only
>>on pay TV Sky and analog in Auckland until shutdown on Dec 01 then
>>only on Sky.. So much for "The Face of public broadcasting.."

Not to worry, good old NewstalkZB is still on radio.
But I use the computer more than radio or TV now.

> And TVNZ is shutting down the BBC broadcast.

The all night one? That used to be good years ago.

I used to like "Town and Around". I wonder if they will ever bring it back.
But I expect most of the folks there are now retired or dead.

Robin Halligan

"geopelia" wrote in message news:kj38cm$5mc$(E-Mail Removed)...

>I've just got digital TV. Does anyone know what number I click for
>Triangle, now called Face please?
>e.g.Parliament is now 22.
>Geopelia

Geo the best option i can offer (though it is long and boring)
is to sit in front of the telly and on the Digital remote
press 1 and let it tune in then try 2 then 3 and so on
you will see every channel you have right up to 99
lots of them will have nothing on them but it might be in there

Dave Doe

In article <kj83es$mbr$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), geopelia
says...

> "Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 00:15:22 +1300, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >

> >>"geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

> >>It's one of those box things. He did a lot of stuff with cables at the
> >>back
> >>of the set.
> >>Now I can get the old TV and the new digital.
> >>
> >>I'll ask the TV man what channel it was. If I fiddle with anything I could
> >>mess the whole thing up.
> >>I've got the old remote and a new one for the digital, so I can still get
> >>Triangle on the old one.
> >>

> > A very BAD Move,.
> >
> > A Full HD digital TV would be far better, clearer picture better
> > resolution and no cut off screen.
> >
> > Gee they even had 32" ones that other day for $400+ Never ever get one
> > from the Warehouse as they are not IPS screens only TFT low brightness
> > and contrast and a short viewing angle
> >
> > But for a 29" CRT you need a 40" LCD to replace it

> We've got a great TV, a Loewe.CRT. Had it for years.

As good as it may be, is it widescreen? Even if it is, the picture
quality of the LCD screens now is superior to CRT. LCD screens are also
*much* larger and *much* lighter.

It's a bit like saying I own a forty year old quality gramaphone.

--
Duncan.

geopelia

"Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> In article <kj83es$mbr$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), geopelia
> says...
>>
>> "Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > A very BAD Move,.
>> >
>> > A Full HD digital TV would be far better, clearer picture better
>> > resolution and no cut off screen.
>> >
>> > Gee they even had 32" ones that other day for $400+ Never ever get
>> > one
>> > from the Warehouse as they are not IPS screens only TFT low
>> > brightness
>> > and contrast and a short viewing angle
>> >
>> > But for a 29" CRT you need a 40" LCD to replace it

>> We've got a great TV, a Loewe.CRT. Had it for years.

> As good as it may be, is it widescreen? Even if it is, the picture
> quality of the LCD screens now is superior to CRT. LCD screens are also
> *much* larger and *much* lighter.
>
> It's a bit like saying I own a forty year old quality gramaphone.

I'll see what's available if it ever needs replacing. But I don't watch TV
much, very few worthwhile programs now.
And I suppose growing up before TV came in makes a difference.

geopelia

"Robin Halligan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kj8fol$vnq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "geopelia" wrote in message news:kj38cm$5mc$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I've just got digital TV. Does anyone know what number I click for
>>Triangle, now called Face please?
>>e.g.Parliament is now 22.
>>Geopelia

> Geo the best option i can offer (though it is long and boring)
> is to sit in front of the telly and on the Digital remote
> press 1 and let it tune in then try 2 then 3 and so on
> you will see every channel you have right up to 99
> lots of them will have nothing on them but it might be in there

I've done that and got up to about 40. There are a lot of Chinese programs.

Frank Williams

On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 14:29:58 +1300, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 00:15:22 +1300, "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:aMqdnSQ4w5mNo8vMnZ2dnUVZ_tydnZ2d@giganews. com...

>>>It's one of those box things. He did a lot of stuff with cables at the
>>>back
>>>of the set.
>>>Now I can get the old TV and the new digital.
>>>
>>>I'll ask the TV man what channel it was. If I fiddle with anything I could
>>>mess the whole thing up.
>>>I've got the old remote and a new one for the digital, so I can still get
>>>Triangle on the old one.
>>>

>> A very BAD Move,.
>>
>> A Full HD digital TV would be far better, clearer picture better
>> resolution and no cut off screen.
>>
>> Gee they even had 32" ones that other day for $400+ Never ever get one
>> from the Warehouse as they are not IPS screens only TFT low brightness
>> and contrast and a short viewing angle
>>
>> But for a 29" CRT you need a 40" LCD to replace it

>We've got a great TV, a Loewe.CRT. Had it for years.

Yes it was in its days but its worth less now, and the colors would have
faded its only a CRT 4:3 screen with low resolution, time to get rid of
it.

> I don't buy anything from the Warehouse since they closed the Link Drive
>branch.
>The nearest now are Albany, or Milford which is now at the back of a huge
>Mall. They must have lost a lot of sales, moving away from the entrance.
>The items I want are usually out of stock anyway, "Jam yesterday, jam
>tomorrow but never jam today" seems to be their idea.
>So why waste the time? I signed up for getting stuff delivered, but it's the
>same story there.
>If they open a local branch again I'll go now and then. Otherwise it's not
>worth the bother.
>
>But it's best to go to a proper retailer for anything electrical, for the
>installation and after sales service.
>Quality pays in the end.

cisco 1721 triangle whit 2 cisco 800 over isdn 128k Himselff Cisco 4 06-27-2005 12:42 PM
Load balancing over WAN triangle Will Cisco 3 02-22-2005 07:00 PM
Button Click events going into Bermuda Triangle, news at 10 Michael Johnson Jr. ASP .Net 2 12-11-2003 07:36 AM
2x2950 + 3745 in triangle Bartek Cisco 1 11-01-2003 08:07 PM
Sample config. for 827 on Sympatico HighSpeed or Golden Triangle? Brad Cisco 0 07-11-2003 03:44 AM

Advertisments