Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Curl and python httplib?

Re: Curl and python httplib?

Chris Rebert

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 7:54 PM, 小**PHP <xxy-php@qq..com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I take a project that need send request to Hadoop by curl.
> But now, the curl and pycurl can't satisfy my project. So i need use the
> powerful httplib.

I would say that `requests`
(http://docs.python-requests.org/en/latest/ ) is generally preferable
to httplib these days.

> But failed.
>
> my curl request:
> curl -i -X PUT "http://localhost:50070/webhdfs/v1/levi/7?op=CREATE"
>
> my return:
> HTTP/1.1 307 TEMPORARY_REDIRECT
> Server: Jetty(6.1.26)
>
> Now, i change the curl request to httplib:
> import httplib
> import urllib
>
> params=urllib.urlencode({"@op":"CREATE","@user.nam e":"levi"})
> headers={"Content-type": "application/x-www-form-urlencoded","Accept":
> "text/plain"}
> conn=httplib.HTTPConnection("localhost:50070")
> conn.request("PUT","/webhdfs/v1/levi/7.txt",params,headers)
> response=conn.getresponse()
> print response.status, response.reason
> data=response.read()
> print data
> conn.close()
>
> But it failed:
> #print response.status, response.reason
> 500 Internal Server Error
> #print data
> '{"RemoteException":{"exception":"WebApplicationEx ception","javaClassName":"javax.ws.rs.WebApplicati onException","message":null}}'
>
> Who knows why? It's OK when i use curl, so where is the problem in httplib
> method?
> Or some other reasons?

It's rather hard to say when neither the base URL, nor querystring
parameters, nor request body are the same between your curl example
and your httplib example, making them rather incomparable.
Part of the problem may be that you are passing what may have been
intended as querystring parameters (`params`) as the `body` argument
to HTTPConnection.request().
In any case, I would suggest trying to use the `requests` library instead.

Cheers,
Chris

Re: Curl and python httplib? Mark Lawrence Python 2 04-01-2013 10:07 PM
CURL problem and System call in Paralles PBA pakalk Perl Misc 7 03-28-2009 07:49 PM
Page Curl Javascript wtd G HTML 10 06-07-2007 09:34 PM
curl and popen2 lists04@gmail.com Python 1 02-02-2005 05:57 AM
cURL in ASP.NET Chris ASP .Net 1 12-19-2004 04:59 PM

Advertisments