Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > No errors displayed but i blank scren nstead.

No errors displayed but i blank scren nstead.

Well i dont like people taking to me this way espceially when iam tryign 2 days for something and thats changing from 2.6 => 3.2.3

I follow advice as long as i can understand whats being said to me.

So if someone wants to help by asking me to try things please do.

Joel Goldstick

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Νίκος Γκρ33κ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Well i dont like people taking to me this way espceially when iam tryign 2
> days for something and thats changing from 2.6 => 3.2.3
>
> I follow advice as long as i can understand whats being said to me.
>
> So if someone wants to help by asking me to try things please do.

I think you took an unwise approach to switch from 2.6 to 3.2.3 on a live
server. I haven't tried 3.x yet, but I have seen lots of articles and
videos about what is involved in moving that way. The unicode stuff seems
to be a big change. Another issue is whether third party modules that work
for 2.x are available for 3.x. Following along with your questions it
appears you just changed interpreters and then watched things break. I
suggest that you go back to study what is different about 3.x from 2.x.
When you have a good understanding of that, go through your 2.x code and
identify all of the areas that seem likely not to work. Then write some
small test programs in 3.x to see if you can make the various functions
work. You will learn a lot, and when you have problems you will be able to
come back here and ask more informed questions, and likely will get more
willing help.

good luck

--
Joel Goldstick
http://joelgoldstick.com

nagia.retsina@gmail.com

Τη **μπτη, 28 Μαρτίου 2013 4:19:47 μ.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Νίκος Γκρ33κ *γραψε:
> Fianlly my cgi .py script doesnt produce any more errors, i think i ahve correct them but it present a blank screen
>

> http://superhost.gr
>

> Any idea why?
>
> What should i check?

Thants not the issue, that message uses to be shown in comamnd line even woith python 2.6

somehting else is wrong here and it shwos blank pages.

nagia.retsina@gmail.com

But now iam also receivein this error message as shown here when i switches to 'pymysql'

nagia.retsina@gmail.com

But now iam also receiving this error message as shown here when i switches to 'pymysql'

Chris Angelico

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 6:27 AM, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> But now iam also receivein this error message as shown here when i switches to 'pymysql'

Why the change of email address? Are you trying to dodge killfiles?

ChrisA

Neil Cerutti

On 2013-03-29, Chris Angelico <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 6:27 AM, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> But now iam also receivein this error message as shown here when i switches to 'pymysql'

> Why the change of email address? Are you trying to dodge killfiles?

I had that one killfiled already. Must be he/she/it is posting
from a different sock puppet.

--
Neil Cerutti

nagia.retsina@gmail.com

Τη *αρασκευή, 29 Μαρτίου 2013 9:34:07 μ.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Chris Angelico *γραψε:
> On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 6:27 AM, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > But now iam also receivein this error message as shown here when i switches to 'pymysql'

> Why the change of email address? Are you trying to dodge killfiles?
>

> ChrisA

No, someone else is using this computer too along with Chrome and Chrome associates his mail address with all google services and i was under the impression i was sposting from my gmail group account. Sorry for that. it happened many tiems alrready as i noticed days ago too.